mufflerman is infamous around these parts
O.Z. Racing wheels for wide body with Pilot Cup Sports

Category: Accessories
Price: $1500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New

These are O.Z. Alleggerita racing wheels for a wide body 996. They have Michelin Pilot Sport cup tires that are about half life, fronts are 225/40/18's and rears are 295/30/18's. All of the wheels are in good shape and are ready to go on your Porsche and drive away. Please do not ask me what other cars they will fit, I don't know, I'm not going to know or do the research for you. I had this set as a spare track day set for an 02 Turbo, I have since sold the car and no longer need them. At $1500 these are a bargain as Tire Rack has the front wheels listed at $441.00 each and the rears at $469 each, and that doesn't include the tires which are almost as much each as the wheels. If i don't get the money locally I will be putting them on ebay and be asking more money for them. Please call 916-997-3687, thanks!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Dam, I wish I'd known these was coming up for sale...

Great looking wheels. GLWS!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
width of wheels and offsets please?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking setup an just what I'm looking for, just not that color... But tempting. What color was your 02 Turbo- mine is seal gray.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
PM sent

need widths please, too.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
225's and 295's probably 8 & 11's

Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I looked on both wheels and there is not any stamping on them at all, very frustrating! I didn't buy them new so I am not sure, but my guess is that they are 8"s and 10"s, I measured the bead to bead the best I could without doing a dismount and they both measure very close to half sizes, 8.5" and 10.5". According to tire rack, there are two widths available in each wheel, the front being 8" and 8.5", and the rear being 10" and 11". I would assume that they are the smaller of the two choices as the tires on 11"s would be 315's, not 295's. Here are the specs as tire rack has them:

Front,
Offset: 50mm
Backspacing: 6.53"
Bolt Pattern: 5-130
Rec. Tire Size:225/40-18
Weight: 17.8lbs.

Rear,
Offset: +40mm
Backspacing: 7.08"
Rec. Tire Size:295/30-18
Weight: 20.2lbs.

I hope this helps!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Nice looking setup an just what I'm looking for, just not that color... But tempting. What color was your 02 Turbo- mine is seal gray.
You prob know this but go to TireRack and see what they look like on your car. Well it would be close as I think the Turbo they have is silver. For that matter, at this price you could have them powder coated any color.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Resident Sicko is infamous around these parts
PM'd.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
You prob know this but go to TireRack and see what they look like on your car. Well it would be close as I think the Turbo they have is silver. For that matter, at this price you could have them powder coated any color.
Thanks for mentioning that Hoga, powder coating is relatively inexpensive, I just had some wheels done for a customer and they where only about $90 per wheel.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't know if an admin can help me, but I mistakenly listed these as located in Alabama when in fact they're in Sacramento Ca.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by mufflerman
Thanks for mentioning that Hoga, powder coating is relatively inexpensive, I just had some wheels done for a customer and they where only about $90 per wheel.
No prob, if I had the extra cash they would have been gone just a few min after you posted them. I think the contrast on Artic Silver would be Awesome! GLWS.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mufflerman
I looked on both wheels and there is not any stamping on them at all, very frustrating! I didn't buy them new so I am not sure, but my guess is that they are 8"s and 10"s, I measured the bead to bead the best I could without doing a dismount and they both measure very close to half sizes, 8.5" and 10.5". According to tire rack, there are two widths available in each wheel, the front being 8" and 8.5", and the rear being 10" and 11". I would assume that they are the smaller of the two choices as the tires on 11"s would be 315's, not 295's. Here are the specs as tire rack has them:

Front,
Offset: 50mm
Backspacing: 6.53"
Rec. Tire Size:225/40-18
Weight: 17.8lbs.

Rear,
Offset: +40mm
Backspacing: 7.08"
Rec. Tire Size:295/30-18
Weight: 20.2lbs.

I hope this helps!
The way the 295 squares up at shoulder makes me think these are a 10" width rear. Ask me how I know, A couple years back I made a stupid mistake of listening to TR and bought the 18x10 for rear instead of the 18x12 which at that time and maybe even now, they did not have an 18x11 with the correct offset or one at all.

All I recall is that the only choices for wb car was 10 or 12. I went 8.5 ft which was good, but I don't think it was a smart move for me to go less than 11 width in rear as that is the cars spec oem. I felt the rear end fold over on shoulders and just plain did not like it. I also got the wheels in abo ve sizes for track application with MPSC's.

I had to run the rear's with a 14 mm spacer and even then they were still tucked in a bit. Just looked up documentation from when new and my 18x10's were et40. GLWS.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:43 AM
did u get my PM? Just in case, how much for shipping to 55436 (business address)?
holding on your reply!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM
so what to do?? :)

Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
The way the 295 squares up at shoulder makes me think these are a 10" width rear. Ask me how I know, A couple years back I made a stupid mistake of listening to TR and bought the 18x10 for rear instead of the 18x12 which at that time and maybe even now, they did not have an 18x11 with the correct offset or one at all.

All I recall is that the only choices for wb car was 10 or 12. I went 8.5 ft which was good, but I don't think it was a smart move for me to go less than 11 width in rear as that is the cars spec oem. I felt the rear end fold over on shoulders and just plain did not like it. I also got the wheels in abo ve sizes for track application with MPSC's.

I had to run the rear's with a 14 mm spacer and even then they were still tucked in a bit. Just looked up documentation from when new and my 18x10's were et40. GLWS.
I followed the thread info, went to TR site, and by what it appears, these must be 10" rears, as --just as mentioned -- they dont have 11 or 12 rears for sale. So reading the above thread, not sure how these would respond. I agree the price is about right for used wheels and used tires (about 50% of new), but dont want to have buyer remorse for buying too narrow a rear wheel.
Can you share a bit more about your experience with the narrow rear wheel? Was it Track or DD, how often, how hard, and you mentioned spacers. Help!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: O.Z. Racing wheels for wide body with Pilot Cup Sports