Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Does your exhaust add power ? Good X- Flow read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:50 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=prodigymb;3819302]are you suggesting a crappy 45$ catalytic converter can go bad that quick?
http://www.performanceexhaustplus.co...ml?mfg_id=1015

QUOTE]

They're actually $75...so not that cheap...

Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
That's retail lol

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Here is a post that I wanted to share to show that an X pipe with bolt ons seams to work very well. Granted its a 997 not a 996 but stock boost level

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mph-video.html

Looks like the Person / Company that was bashed sure looks like they have there Shet together

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 04-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
... I didnt want to bring that up, but since the tune is being mentioned related to cat failure, these were some of the cheapest cats I have seen to date. I was SHOCKed they were used in this application.
Those are not the cats we used... not sure where you got that from... but for someone to start searching which cats we used and compare them to a $45 unit is egregious and malicious. Furthermore, to go online and spread this junk with intent to discredit my work is beyond me. Things fail all the time... even your work on Vince's TIP that came from your shop with missing oil check valves( internals) on the A28s eventually blowing the seals and busting the turbos for a rebuild... How do I know? We have his car in the shop with OIL in exhaust and headers( no check valve inside the tial unit...) and thats on a second set of A28s lol SO please stop it. You are not immuned nor excused from poor work because your EPl. Not to mention it had a leak in the Tial OIL line the week it came back from you.. did anyone check under the car for leaks? Or you too busy with your laptop?
Very high heat separates cores from the metal... and thats due to un burt fuel(excessive heat)... It happened sure... but this could have been taken care of without a problem and definitely not the way you guys went after me online making it a big spectacle - it only shows true colors of the parties involved and their intent.
I have a good name and Im sure I will for many more years to come... I don't take people for rides and I definitely don't promote k16 billets "capable of 680whp"...
Here Tony... 1bar of boost last week on our 997 with A30s running a 3" catless version and we ran 10.5 at 137mph... 1 bar with greddy OFF...
I retuned the owner a full refund... that was the wrong exhaust for the application yet it was exactly what the owner wanted... what did you guys do?
I rest my case and let the audience decide...

regards,
markski

Attached Images  

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-13-2013, 05:45 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
The only truth we're getting here is what we already know a 3" exhaust will flow more than 2.5". 60whp difference between is reasonable and shouldn't surprise anybody here at all. 2.5" is simply too small for a 600-700whp car. THe customer ordered something too small, the tuning shop put it on and tried to make power.

Clearly they were pushing the car, the exhaust pipes are purple from excessive heat. Is the exhaust at fault? Sure cause it's too small, not because it's inferior quality. What happened at the shop when they were putting the car together..? "Uh sir, this exhaust is too small for your power goal". Didn't that conversation happen? I'm pretty sure it did. So what happened? Probably something like "lets put it on and see how it goes, if it doesn't work we'll swap it"... and the rest is history.

I have no skin in the game either way, but there isn't much truth here. The cats failed from excessive heat, even $1000 cats will do that.

Quit bickering like 10 year olds.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:53 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by King James
The only truth we're getting here is what we already know a 3" exhaust will flow more than 2.5". 60whp difference between is reasonable and shouldn't surprise anybody here at all. 2.5" is simply too small for a 600-700whp car. THe customer ordered something too small, the tuning shop put it on and tried to make power.

Clearly they were pushing the car, the exhaust pipes are purple from excessive heat. Is the exhaust at fault? Sure cause it's too small, not because it's inferior quality. What happened at the shop when they were putting the car together..? "Uh sir, this exhaust is too small for your power goal". Didn't that conversation happen? I'm pretty sure it did. So what happened? Probably something like "lets put it on and see how it goes, if it doesn't work we'll swap it"... and the rest is history.

I have no skin in the game either way, but there isn't much truth here. The cats failed from excessive heat, even $1000 cats will do that.

Well said and there you have it people the right answer. The exhaust was to small.

The King has spoken

Old 04-13-2013, 05:58 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
^^^
I'm pretty sure this was put out there for THIS reason, not to slam Mark. Clearly Mark has a reputation...and a pretty good one to boot. For every one failure there are thousands of successes. I can understand why he feels attacked.

This just goes to show that certain material and equipment has a limitation. If you are not sure what your levels or goals are, prepare and pay for the max.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Hector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I retuned the owner a full refund... that was the wrong exhaust for the application yet it was exactly what the owner wanted... what did you guys do?
I rest my case and let the audience decide...

regards,
markski

Damn....so the owner got his money back and in top of that AMS shop descredited you on their blog? That only happen when customers deal with a shop that really don't know what their doing and start point out fingers when they can't reach the promised or sale results.

Not only that other tuner tried to take advantage of that...hmmm..that is low.... he has to be on a limb mode....

Old 04-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Hector-PRAC
Damn....so the owner got his money back and in top of that AMS shop descredited you on their blog? That only happen when customers deal with a shop that really don't know what their doing and start point out fingers when they can't reach the promised or sale results.

Not only that other tuner tried to take advantage of that...hmmm..that is low.... he has to be on a limb mode....

Welcome..pot stirrer...

Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Hector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttboost
Welcome..pot stirrer...
all day long........all day long.... you are in the bottom of it already.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by King James
The only truth we're getting here is what we already know a 3" exhaust will flow more than 2.5". 60whp difference between is reasonable and shouldn't surprise anybody here at all. 2.5" is simply too small for a 600-700whp car.

Clearly they were pushing the car, the exhaust pipes are purple from excessive heat. Is the exhaust at fault?

LOL ..... Except for the fact that AWE exhaust was a 2.5" as well not 3" which was said several times.

You feel that comparing one 2.5" exhaust to
another 2.5" exhaust isn't fair? Great post tho full of misinformed statements.

10 year olds are the ones that believe everything they are told lol.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by UrbanHotrod

Well said and there you have it people the right answer. The exhaust was to small.

The King has spoken
LOL - Cory I suppose your love for ur xpipe made u miss the fact that BOTH exhausts were 2.5"

The King had reading comp issues but u r a moderator you should be catching that stuff like a hawk !

Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 AM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by prodigymb
LOL - Cory I suppose your love for ur xpipe made u miss the fact that BOTH exhausts were 2.5"

The King had reading comp issues but u r a moderator you should be catching that stuff like a hawk !
we all make mistakes. Just like the guy that had markski build him an exhaust that was not right for his power goals.

I still think that the regained power is more a byproduct of an exhaust with unclogged cats, not an exhaust without an X.

How many people run X pipes successfully at power levels beyond that? Plenty. None of the terrible tuning by products were encountered on a regular basis. I had a car with clogged cats, supercharged 4.6 v8 running about 1.1bar, lost around 60whp on the first pull, then 80+ on the next. Cats were brand new, from bassani. Came loose in under 500 miles... **** happens!

I changed to long tubes and new cats, found all the power I lost.

It would have been disingenuous to say my long tubes were worth 80+rwhp, and I feel like that's what is trying to be inferred here by a few people.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 AM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Seriously, just think about this: we are looking at a constriction at the merge of the X, when the cats are broken loose and ****eyed in their housing. Which one sounds like the bigger problem?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 AM
As I watch this thread unfold, I THINK what is being inferred is that, while X pipes might sound great, they are NOT the most efficient. Sure there are cars making big power..like Marks..he just found MORE power with a NON X pipe. Some people want power, some people want sound...those who want both might need to compromise...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your exhaust add power ? Good X- Flow read