Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
I have a mafless tune by Protomotive and HTA3076.My car runs like OEM.The only problem is the extra loud 3' exhaust
I m very happy with my setup, I m waiting the second file from Todd to turn the boost up.Right now I have only 0,9bar.

996 turbo S - YouTube

996 turbo S - YouTube
Another .09 bar on top of the .09 you have

Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Looking good George! You will have a file by now I hope. I'll check in on Todd for you.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil 996tt
Tim, shame on you for biting. The idea of building an engine with improved VE is crazy!! You better stick to "bolt on's".

Clearly the mods you have made to your engine would be no good on a road course
Mr. Evil....or is it Dr. Evil, um anyways, Do these qualify as "bolt ons" ?

Forged Mahle 3.8s ?

By the way, Dr Evil ( I am assuming you attended evil medical school)

Would E85 fuel contribute to this "VE" you speak of? If we're thinkin of the

same thing.....you know, converting thermal energy to mechanical energy?

and what about a standalone engine management system? You know, a

means to orchestrate the individual components of combustion and forced

induction? Would that help with this "VE" you speak of?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	245485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	245486  
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by layinback
Another .09 bar on top of the .09 you have
With 1,8bar and HTA 30 you will hear the explosion from Athens

Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
I don't know anything 'bout "magic markski" but I could tell you a thing or

two about magic mushrooms circa 1978 - 1981

After researching builds, I noticed a definite pattern of reliability

issues with setups producing more then 800 - 850 whp.

Some are more reliable then others but overall, like all cars, the 996TT

reaches a "critical mass" of performance and going beyond that, doesn't

lend itself to daily drivability. Not to say that all of this can't be figured

but at some point we gotta look at "cost vs. benefit"

The 3073s work based on these observations. With some gearing and

weight reduction, I think it's gonna be pretty good.

By the way, Markskis not involved with this build.
ahh so now u r trying to go fast

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
So 3073s is a combination of parts put together from 3071s and 3076s...

Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Mr. Evil....or is it Dr. Evil, um anyways, Do these qualify as "bolt ons" ?

Forged Mahle 3.8s ?

By the way, Dr Evil ( I am assuming you attended evil medical school)

Would E85 fuel contribute to this "VE" you speak of? If we're thinkin of the

same thing.....you know, converting thermal energy to mechanical energy?

and what about a standalone engine management system? You know, a

means to orchestrate the individual components of combustion and forced

induction? Would that help with this "VE" you speak of?
Where do I start?

1. Evil is my middle name and what I do on my time, is my buisiness

2. Those pistons are considered a "bolt on" in my book(but that is just me). I'm glad to see they are Mahle but, when anyone can pick up the phone and buy them from FVD, they are "bolt on". These also do not increase VE.

3. NO, adding E85 does not increase your VE. An improvement in VE is something done mechanically to allow the the engine to intake and exhaust air easier. Changing any of the following will increase VE - cams, headwork, intake system, exhaust system. Your engine is an air pump, help it move the air and you will make more power. In the case of a turbocharged engine, it will make the same or possibly more power with less boost. FYI - E85 (or meth or race gas) lowers combustion temps and allows for more aggressive timing due to a lower knock threshold.. It does not change the mechanical VE of the engine.

4. A stand alone does NOTHING to make HP or improve VE unless you know how to use it. The ONLY way you will make more power going to a standalone will be IF you can map the engine better than Porsche did.

I know your a big Porsche engineering, Germany, Stuttgart, road race fan but, do you really think you can tune better than them? DO you have an engine dyno to map the engine in any enviroment? Cold start, hot start, part throttle, knock, individual cylinder timing or fuel control based on egt's or knock, failing sensors, bad gas and the list goes on....

Last edited by evil 996tt; 05-24-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: I'm evil
Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
With 1,8bar and HTA 30 you will hear the explosion from Athens

John 3073's are just a 71 machined and swapped for the 73 HTA wheel. Just a sweet spot for some guys. Million ways to go as you know.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
ahh so now u r trying to go fast

I think the word would be "faster"!

The the car would hit 100 mph in under 6 seconds

60 - 150 in low 9s and 60-130 in 5.3s

That's pretty fast, at least to me it is!

But yes, it's gonna be schizophrenic fast now.

( best metaphor I could come up with at the moment )

Old 05-24-2013, 02:36 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I think the word would be "faster"!

The the car would hit 100 mph in under 6 seconds

60 - 150 in low 9s and 60-130 in 5.3s

That's pretty fast, at least to me it is!

But yes, it's gonna be schizophrenic fast now.

( best metaphor I could come up with at the moment )
But wait,, thats straight line performance...

Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Where do I start?

1. Evil is my middle name and what I do on my time, is my buisiness

2. Those pistons are considered a "bolt on" in my book(but that is just me). I'm glad to see they are Mahle but, when anyone can pick up the phone and buy them from FVD, they are "bolt on". These also do not increase VE.

"Bolt on" usually refers to an upgrade that doesn't require removing the
engine. I think the universally accepted definition is anything that doesn't
touch motor oil.

3. NO, adding E85 does not increase your VE. An improvement in VE is something done mechanically to allow the the engine to intake and exhaust air easier. Changing any of the following will increase VE - cams, headwork, intake system, exhaust system. Your engine is an air pump, help it move the air and you will make more power. In the case of a turbocharged engine, it will make the same or possibly more power with less boost. FYI - E85 (or meth or race gas) lowers combustion temps and allows for more aggressive timing due to a lower knock threshold.. It does not change the mechanical VE of the engine.

[B]
Changing the fuel type/delivery is the epitome of influencing volumetric efficiency.
Oxygen is only one component of VE. The rate and percentage of thermal energy
( fuel) converted to mechanical energy is integral to the VE.
[/B]

4. A stand alone does NOTHING to make HP or improve VE unless you know how to use it. The ONLY way you will make more power going to a standalone will be IF you can map the engine better than Porsche did.

[I]Your first sentence is more of a buddhistic conundrum then a statement. Yes, the stand alone
will do nothing if the user doesn't know how to use it, I agree.

The second sentence presupposes that we'll have to outsmart the boys in Stuttgart if we're
to eek out an ounce more power then they have. Well, that's what every tuner on this board
does for a living. Porsche doesn't maximize the potential for any of their road going vehicles.
The cars are engineered with longevity and dependability in mind.
[/I]

I know your a big Porsche engineering, Germany, Stuttgart, road race fan but, do you really think you can tune better than them? DO you have an engine dyno to map the engine in any enviroment? Cold start, hot start, part throttle, knock, individual cylinder timing or fuel control based on egt's or knock, failing sensors, bad gas and the list goes on....

Do I think we can tune better then Porsche? The better question is; Where in the world did
I say or lead you to believe that Our goal was to tune better or otherwise outdo Porsche?

Not sure if you're just being defensive but I don't understand how you maintain the
position that installing new pistons is a "bolt on" application and your insistence that
changing the entire fuel and engine management apparatus doesn't effect VE.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
randy.. everyone loves them some pink.. but c'mon..lol

Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Do I think we can tune better then Porsche? The better question is; Where in the world did
I say or lead you to believe that Our goal was to tune better or otherwise outdo Porsche?

Not sure if you're just being defensive but I don't understand how you maintain the
position that installing new pistons is a "bolt on" application and your insistence that
changing the entire fuel and engine management apparatus doesn't effect VE.
Forget it dude.. you don't get it and you never will. You don't read very well. I said a piston and sleeve like you bought is a "bolt on" TO ME, NOT the general population. I don't pay people to turn wrenches so everything is a bolt on TO ME.

Regarding the tuning, keep talking in circles. First you say that all the tuners in the world out tune Porsche, then you stated that you never said you can tune better than Porsche.. Let me help you out, you better hope you can tune better than Porsche or you will have a very difficult car to drive my friend. That is of course if you can keep it together.

[B]
Changing the fuel type/delivery is the epitome of influencing volumetric efficiency.
[/B]

This is news to me. Can you explain this further? Please explain how this happens.

Also, me being defensive? why? this is the internet, I can care less what you do. I don't even know you BUT I sure know VE and it is NOT what you describe.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Forget it dude.. you don't get it and you never will. You don't read very well. I said a piston and sleeve like you bought is a "bolt on" TO ME, NOT the general population. I don't pay people to turn wrenches so everything is a bolt on TO ME.

Regarding the tuning, keep talking in circles. First you say that all the tuners in the world out tune Porsche, then you stated that you never said you can tune better than Porsche.. Let me help you out, you better hope you can tune better than Porsche or you will have a very difficult car to drive my friend. That is of course if you can keep it together.

[B]
[/B]

This is news to me. Can you explain this further? Please explain how this happens.

Also, me being defensive? why? this is the internet, I can care less what you do. I don't even know you BUT I sure know VE and it is NOT what you describe.
Dr. Evil, I had some suspicions up till this point but after reading this post........

1. How old are you?

2. Is your Porsche a full scale Porsche or a 1/24 scale?

3. Are you a "real" Evil Doctor or did you get your evil medical

license from an unaccredited internet source. Maybe Evlimd.com?

Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
randy.. everyone loves them some pink.. but c'mon..lol
Dr. Evil is reportedly color blind. Legend has it, he was fishing for piranha

in the Guyana's and a local voodoo shaman gave him an ancient curse

that left him color blind and devoid of logic.

The pink text is an inside slight relative to the aforementioned story.

I can't speak to the accuracy of the story but then again, he made no

mention of the pink text and he is quite clearly completely illogical.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay