Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

997.2 / RS Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
997.2 / RS Intercoolers

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $950
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New

**SOLD!!**

These GREAT coolers and do not need any introductions!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...olers-wow.html

I recently purchased these from a local person that is one of Dzenno's (PTF) friends off his 997.2 with approx. 20 000 miles. He upgraded to Champion coolers.

I applied $30 worth (3 tubes) of JB Weld to not only NEVER have an end cap blow, but also I sealed it from EVER leaking! Applied two layer when wet. 1st to glue together and 2nd to make it air tight.

I am still very double minded about selling these and if I get around to installing them I will just keep them.....that is how much I am on the fence on selling these over installing ETS(16row) coolers.

I feel for the driving I do 60-130, street encounters, the most I will do is about 2-3 laps at a time at a track before cool down and that a ETS (16row),AWE,EVOMS cooler would be a better fit. I am also 90% going to be doing meth as well to further my argument in my mind.

I have my hands on a ETS 16row and am confident that for my type of usage that my car would be faster over the 997.2 coolers for my typical 60-130 type of encounters etc.

One of the battles is that I would like to shed weight and the ETS is adding weight at the worst place possible on a rear engine car. I know that the difference in weight is not noticeable acceleration wise over the power/flow advantage from the ETS, but weight effects ALL other dynamics of the car. I was just about to purchase a light weight battery that saved me 29lbs, but this almost adds that back AND NOT TO THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR......I would like to get the car down to 3300lbs as it effects handling, breaking, acceleration, less wear etc. Going form my 996T at 3360 to my 997 I feel the difference right away to all the driving dynamics.

The balanced side of me wants to install the 997.2's, but the street side of me when door to door with some one (which is often) wants the ETS!!

Again if I get what I am asking and I don't install it I will sell.

These are $1400USD new and not sealed.

$950 USD + shipping and ready to install!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5643.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	846.9 KB
ID:	432473   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5644.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	637.1 KB
ID:	432474  

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 11-18-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
2 pm's sent.

Is that JB Kwik? Or the Original JB Weld?

i ask because Kwik is good to 300F,.. and the original is good to 600F.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duckstu
2 pm's sent.

I will confirm, but I am pretty sure it is the original as that is what I was looking for & not the other 100's of different ones they have now a days. I have a tube left with a drop left in it and will check.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 11-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Sold

Thanks for all the interest!

SOLD!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 11-18-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:07 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Darn Bobby, I wanted to test this!! I guess, "You snooze, you lose."

Old 11-19-2015, 04:42 AM
mxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Duckstu
2 pm's sent.

If you're IAT at the coolers is even at 300F (148c) you have way more issues than which JB weld was used.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
I have a pair with less than 5k for sale. They are also sealed Araldite.

-Jose

Originally Posted by elite1
Darn Bobby, I wanted to test this!! I guess, "You snooze, you lose."