Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

997 turbo front lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2016 | 06:01 PM
|
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
997 turbo front lip

Looking for the "old style" of the ebay aftermarket 997 turbo lip. They have changed the supplier it appears..

I ordered one about 1.5 years ago and it was great, fit good, looked good, was durable. Unfortunately i destroyed it a few weeks back.

this guy:

Simple enough, just go on eBay and order another...I did that and the new ones are cheaper priced, but also much cheaper quality. The material is complete garbage.

see below - it seems all of the ads show the old style, the one i am after - however it appears this is the lip you get instead... notice the difference in quality of material as well as the tabs that hold it on. No chance i am putting this bacon waved piece of crap on my car...

Does anyone have an extra one of the "old style" lips that they would be willing to part with? If not, has anyone picked up one recently and received the correct one, if so, who was the seller??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Kricci; 05-20-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2016 | 06:11 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
What seller is the so I can avoid! Noticed went from $150 to $100. Let me know if you find a better product

Old 05-20-2016 | 06:33 PM
|
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
will do!

I purchased from oemdirect -- to their credit they have offered me a complete and full refund including providing a return shipping label which is nice.

Old 05-20-2016 | 09:20 PM
1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice
I have an brand new extra I might be willing to part with once some parts come from Germany. I ordered it about 2 years ago from OEMdirect and never mounted it.

Old 05-20-2016 | 09:50 PM
DOOBEE is infamous around these partsDOOBEE is infamous around these parts
Looks pretty bad. Did that come in a bag or a box?

I ordered one a few years ago (not sure which vendor on ebay) and it wasn't pretty when it arrived, wavy like yours, so I didn't use it. It also had two broken tabs, the outers in the middle 5, I think the new one you have is better as this can't happen. This may be intentional or just wear in the mold as the shape is identical but material flowed into the voids and filled them up. Either way the tab is stronger.

Eventually my ugly TA lip drove me insane and luckily I hadn't got around to tossing the ebay lip so about two weeks ago I went ahead and fixed it. First was taking a heat gun to the underside to see what could be done about the waves. I wasn't excited about having to do this but with some gentle heat and flat clamps it straightened out fine. LOTs of sanding later (the parting lines in this tool show it's quality), I painted it with some adhesion promoter and ultra flat Krylon fusion. Aside from the sides being a bit short front to rear, it turned out excellent and mounted fine even with the broken tabs.

I was at the dealer the following day and there were 2 factory aerokit turbos there. After seeing them, I'm glad I went the route I did. They were cosmetically no better in any way, fit or finish, than my refinished ebay special. The only difference will be the material, and undoubtedly the OEM lip will be more durable.

For $100 I might do it again sometime as I expect I'll eventually forget to raise my nose lift as I enter the driveway and the lip will get broken. I planned on ordering another and asked oemdirect if they shipped in a box. The answer was usually??? What I was really asking was how do I avoid a piece of garbage like the first one I received and like the new one you just got. May have to hold off until we get a better report on a new purchase....

Old 05-21-2016 | 06:16 AM
|
Originally Posted by DOOBEE
Looks pretty bad. Did that come in a bag or a box?
It was in a box... I don't think the method of shipping is the problem, it's the material.

The material isn't even the same as the original ones. it's just a far inferior piece to the ones that used to be sold.

I smoked an inclined street pretty good and my last lip was toast - however the material was strong/hard enough that breaking it was possible - this newest lip is basically a glorified garage foam lip... it's terrible.

Old 04-16-2019 | 11:31 PM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Hey guys,

I just got mine in a box, mind you I paid $100 shipping because I‘m in Europe, and my lip isn’t looking all that great.

any advice on how to get the parts in the „intakes“ straight ?

Old 04-17-2019 | 04:41 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Hey guys,

I just got mine in a box, mind you I paid $100 shipping because I‘m in Europe, and my lip isn’t looking all that great.

any advice on how to get the parts in the „intakes“ straight ?
Heat gun, a good set of eyes, and some luck.

Old 04-17-2019 | 08:44 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I destroyed one in West TX earlier this year and so grabbed this one...came unboxed but no wave or distortion.....looks good for what it is.... mine isn’t painted and looks very similar to the OEM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRR8LJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRR8LJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-18-2019 | 10:54 AM
jakethunder is infamous around these parts
Thanks for posting that Maverick. I’m going to pick one up and see how it turns out next week.