Mileage:

Location (State):

Looking for 997.1 Turbo OEM Exhaust Manifolds/Headers - Aftermarket Cracked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:31 PM
SigAddict is infamous around these parts
Looking for 997.1 Turbo OEM Exhaust Manifolds/Headers - Aftermarket Cracked

Hey everyone, I bought a 997.1 Turbo back in January after getting a PPI done. They told me it had headers (no clue what brand), but that everything was ok.

Now after less than 2000 miles I find out that both headers have cracks/holes in them. I noticed that my exhaust was sounding crappy, so I figured I had a leak somewhere.

I took it in because I have a new exhaust on the way and wanted to make sure to get new gaskets for anything else that might be leaking.

I'm hoping that someone here has a set laying around!

Thanks in advance!

Below are pics of the cracks/holes

Old 04-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about that. I may be able to help with something aftermarket (with guarantee) that has been proven or I can get yo a set of factory units. There are several headers out there that aside from perhaps no gains are prone to failure unfortunately.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Please share which name it is so we that might be looking for headers know if this is a repeated issue with that brand or one off.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:58 PM
h4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SigAddict
Hey everyone, I bought a 997.1 Turbo back in January after getting a PPI done. They told me it had headers (no clue what brand), but that everything was ok.

Now after less than 2000 miles I find out that both headers have cracks/holes in them. I noticed that my exhaust was sounding crappy, so I figured I had a leak somewhere.

I took it in because I have a new exhaust on the way and wanted to make sure to get new gaskets for anything else that might be leaking.

I'm hoping that someone here has a set laying around!

Thanks in advance!

Below are pics of the cracks/holes

Hey,

I'm in Dallas and have oem headers/ exhaust with 12k miles on it.

Please email me: h4nh_1232@yahoo.com

Old 04-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Rohan Alexander is infamous around these partsRohan Alexander is infamous around these parts
I would stick with factory. My Fabspeed Evoms headers cracked twice both right and left sides with less than 25k miles which is pathetic for how much they charge for them. Pick a more trusted suppliers like Sam by design, esmotor, champion and Cargraphic
Remember lifetime warranty is useless when it means your car is stuck on a hoist for over a week waiting for parts to be repaired by the manufacture.

Close up crack right side
Fabspeed crack repaired left side

Fabspeed right side cracked right side

Fabspeed crack close up right side

Last edited by Rohan Alexander; 04-15-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 AM
clsund is infamous around these partsclsund is infamous around these parts
:-O :-O :-O :-O

NOT good. have been hearing stuff like this about that company.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.