Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Crested Seats - Metropol Blue, Heated, Comfort, Power, Supple leather from 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 09:46 AM
BIGMONKEY is infamous around these parts
Crested Seats - Metropol Blue, Heated, Comfort, Power, Supple leather from 996tt

Category: Interior
Price: $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo, Porsche Boxter/Cayman, Older Porsche
Location (State): NJ
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

SOLD

I am selling metropol blue, comfort seats in supple leather... heated seats... with the porsche crest embossed in the headrests... full power with memory module... lumbar adjustment for driver's seat. These seats were removed from my 2002 996turbo 6 months ago at ~38,000 miles. I have owned the car for 12 years and it's (unfortunately, haha!) been a near garage queen. The seats are in great condition consistent with the low use/miles. See below for a list of flaws. I recently replaced them with hardback sport seats.

$1000 (for the pair)

A few important things to mention:
  • The bolsters including on the driver seat (and of course passenger seat) look great. The middle "inserts" of the driver seat look a little shiny and wrinkly, which is common with this supple leather. I suspect a good clean/condition may help with the shine.
  • Flaws in the driver's seat include: the outside plastic cover at the "joint" between the top and bottom of the seat broke off. I still have the broken pieces if you want them. They can easily be replaced but I never bothered. The inside back of the driver's seat has a localized "wrinkle" (see picture). I never noticed this until I pulled the seats out.
  • I don't appreciate any flaws in the passenger seat. On second thought, the same "joint" plastic cover is a little loose but still firmly attached.
  • I removed these seats in September 2020 after Hurricane Ida. Water came into my garage barely to the level of the floorboards and fried my immobilizer. As a result, I lost power to the car including to the seats. The passenger seat came out easily, but I had to get creative to remove the driver's seat (utlimately requiring an external 12V source to input into the motor leads to get them to move so I could access the bolts that secure the seats). The water did not get to the level of the motors. I am new to water issues, and before I realized it was "just" an immobilizer issue, I initially thought the seats were also fried. I bought hardback sport seats (which I had long been planning on doing anyway). I have tested all motors of the seats to confirm they work, both by putting the seats back in the car and by attaching an external 12V source. All functions of the seat work. As you can see, there is no rust, water damage, etc.

I don't need two sets of seats. I want to sell these comfort seats, and I think my price is fair and firm. I am also willing to sell the hardback seats (metropol blue, crested, heated) but for $3500 (a far, far less fair price for these... I clearly prefer to keep the hardbacks!).

I would prioritize a local sale (I live in northern NJ) both for convenience and so you can see the seats for yourself.
(but I am willing to ship... at buyer's cost for supplies and actual shipping, which is likely to be expensive)

Driver's crest

Driver's motors/memory module

Missing "joint" piece

close-up of driver's "wrinkle"

passenger motors

Last edited by BIGMONKEY; 07-24-2022 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:27 PM
Bump

Old 04-14-2022, 07:55 PM
Bump

Old 05-08-2022, 03:51 PM
bump

Old 07-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Sold