Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

fs - 9ff variotune switchable sport exhaust for 996 twin turbo ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 AM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
i have had several questions, this exhaust is for 996TT

Old 10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
JR.
Banned
will not fit a 997.........

Old 02-19-2007, 11:20 AM
JR.
Banned
had a couple of inquirys,,..
yes, this is still available.
will NOT fit 997

Old 03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
JR.
Banned
very well made..

Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
What is a labor hours estimate to install this? Where does the "button" go in the car to switch the sound?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
JR.
Banned
Kato,

the installation time is 4 to 5 hours. it is very straight forward.
the button is mounted on the left side of the seat down next to the sill.
if i still owned a 996, i would keep this exhaust, it's that good..
JR .. eight four seven 899. 3230

Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Thanks! As soon as I nail down a car I may be interested.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Hey JR -

Did you see the new 9ff CR42 cayman in this weeks autoweek? 9ff is at it again, absolutely incredible.

Here's a link in case you missed it:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/60612010

Jeremy
Looks nice but 165k for a Cayman????

Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
I have this exhaust and love it. Extremely expensive, but well engineered and has top notch construction. It took about 3 hours to install and 3 more hours to fit the vaccum tubing and switch. Frankly, a PITA but worth it. It allows the best of both worlds...quiet when you need it (with 12hp gain), and very loud when you want it (26hp gain).

Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Not interested in buying it but am very interested in how this works and the weight of it? Is it an electric vaccum controlled actuators? Very cool idea!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dgreen78
Not interested in buying it but am very interested in how this works and the weight of it? Is it an electric vaccum controlled actuators? Very cool idea!
The muffler bypass valves are hinged stainless flaps within each end of the smaller tailpipes. When opened, they allow exhaust to bypass the muffler and exit through the smaller pipes. Each flap-valve has a vacuum controlled actuator much like the one for a turbocharger wastegate. These actuators are controlled by an electronic vacuum solenoid included in the kit, which is similar to the stock ones used elsewhere in the car's elaborate vacuum hose system. There is an accumulator (the orbital thing) that improves the efficiency of the system so it does not burden the rest of the car's vacuum system. The switch controls the solenoid and can be mounted anywhere in the car. Although sophisticated, it is simple, effective and reliable. I love this exhaust and would trade it for no other!

BTW, I am not plugging this for JR.s' sake. He was no help to me at all when I was installing mine.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
JR.
Banned
Chris,

thanks for the info and the bump..

i sent you a pm..

JR

Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
No problem, JR. I apologize for sounding harsh above. You did try to help, and you should get full credit for that. I think I'm still not over being up until 4am on a work night figuring out that vacuum system! After much trial and error, it works perfectly. Whomever ends up with your system can contact me and I'll give them good instuctions and pics.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
No problem, JR. I apologize for sounding harsh above. You did try to help, and you should get full credit for that. I think I'm still not over being up until 4am on a work night figuring out that vacuum system! After much trial and error, it works perfectly. Whomever ends up with your system can contact me and I'll give them good instuctions and pics.
Make sure the drivers side vac tube has sufficient heat shielding - if not, it can (and will) melt - rendering that side stuck in the open position.

We still have a couple GenII versions for 996tt if anyone is interested...email - dont pm for details.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 AM
JR.
Banned
Sold !