Location (State):

FS: MB Quart QSD216 6.5" Components (2)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 AM
evilb is infamous around these parts
FS: MB Quart QSD216 6.5" Components (2)

All,

I have 2 pairs of these for sale. Retail I believe was $1499/pr when purchased new.

These speakers are in excellent condition, and in perfect working order. They were used in a 2000 Audi S4 w/ custom fiberglass door panels.

Includes (2) 160mm/6.5" powdercoated midbass drivers, (2) 25mm/1" tweeters, (2) Musicomp Q Series crossovers.

Does not include original packaging or instructions.

$650 for the set, shipped anywhere in the continental US.

Thanks,
Brad

Old 07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Do you still have the door panels? I have a 01 S4 that I am interested in putting these in. I would be interested in the set and door panels.... I could give you mine as a swap if interested. Also I have the sport interior with silver alcantera.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
evilb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by str8blst
Do you still have the door panels? I have a 01 S4 that I am interested in putting these in. I would be interested in the set and door panels.... I could give you mine as a swap if interested. Also I have the sport interior with silver alcantera.
Sorry, I sold them when I sold the car. They were a gigantic pain in the *** to fabricate, and then even more of a pain in the *** to recover them in vinyl. I had them custom upholstered, with suede inserts after the fact.

Too bad the Bose system in the S4's has like a 4" speaker up front, or the custom work wouldn't really be necessary. I guess you can hollow out the innards of the door panel and do it that way. The tweeter fits perfectly in the factory location with no modifications whatsoever.

A nice 3/4" MDF panel would probably do the trick, but you would need to remove a lot of the plastic behind the factory speaker grille opening.

When we did my door panels, we mimicked "Utopiacar"

Brad