Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: Shaved RA-1's (like new)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
FS: Shaved RA-1's (like new)

I've got a set of used Toyo RA-1's with only 5 laps of time attack on them (like new) for sale. I prefer local pick up (SF). PM me offers.

Tire Sizes
245/40/18 Front
305/30/18 Rear

This set will ONLY work for 2wd cars.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Why only 2wd?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Why only 2wd?
The diameters between the front and rear tires are off by a difference .6-.7 inches. By Porsche specs if the tire diameters are off by more than half an inch it will fry the coupling on all wheel drive cars.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I have driven 305's and 245's on hoosiers with no problem. Not sure if making the back larger as well will negate the effect, but I dont think it will kill anything, I've seen several TT's wth at least 245's on front.

What's the price anyways?

Old 09-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I have driven 305's and 245's on hoosiers with no problem. Not sure if making the back larger as well will negate the effect, but I dont think it will kill anything, I've seen several TT's wth at least 245's on front.

What's the price anyways?
It's not the width but the overall diameter difference between the two tires. But if you want them go for it. I'm looking to get $600 for all four.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Interested, and I'm in Half Moon Bay, so, local. Why are you selling?

Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I'd think these will work with all 997 platforms, RWD or AWD because the 997s are all designed with the rear tire diameters significantly different from the fronts (ie: 25.5" vs. 26.5" rear). One of the reasons I picked RA1s for my 997S was that the rears were "oversized" as our oem street tires are (and they are the same for AWD 997 products).

Ron

Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by LTCJMRamos
Interested, and I'm in Half Moon Bay, so, local. Why are you selling?
I'm selling because they wont work on my AWD Turbo. The center diff coupling (on 996's apparently) can not handle the front and rear tire diameters being off by more than half and inch. Let me know LT!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
I'm selling because they wont work on my AWD Turbo. The center diff coupling (on 996's apparently) can not handle the front and rear tire diameters being off by more than half and inch. Let me know LT!
Do you have any pics of the tires as they are now?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Do you have any pics of the tires as they are now?
Here yah go!

All four in a shed

Fronts

Rears

Old 12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
If anyone is interested, i'll take $500 for all four.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Carnerd, I belive Porsche uses percentages to determine front to back tire heights. As long as it is within 4% tire height front to back you are OK. I believe it is in the service manual.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
The tire height would be the same as the over all diameter correct? When you say 4% front to back do you mean as long as the rears are within 4% of the fronts or vise versa?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
The tire height would be the same as the over all diameter correct? When you say 4% front to back do you mean as long as the rears are within 4% of the fronts or vise versa?
Yes, as long as tire diameter is within 4% front to rear the PSM won't freak out.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Yes, as long as tire diameter is within 4% front to rear the PSM won't freak out.
I didnt know that it was so much the PSM freaking out but more that the center differential coupling would fry?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Shaved RA-1's (like new)