Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Wanted Continental GT black/tan asap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
Wanted Continental GT black/tan asap

WTB: Bentley Continental GT Mulliner Black with tan. 06 or newer. Low miles, no story car. Any leads appreciated.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
PorscheGuy949 is infamous around these parts
Gt

I have a GT, black/tan avalible. Let me know if you are interested

Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PorscheGuy949
I have a GT, black/tan avalible. Let me know if you are interested
Forget him.

Post some pictures!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:42 AM
give me two days

Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
pm sent

Old 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
give me two days
Two days are up.

Where are the photos?

Old 09-07-2008, 04:25 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Gcalo,

looking into the CGT as well?
awesome man.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Gcalo,

looking into the CGT as well?
awesome man.
Well here's the dilemma.

I have an 03 CL500 going back to M-B under the CA lemon law.

I have been looking at Spurs and CGT's and 997 4S cabro Porsche's, but can't decide.

So I may just bank the cash and wait a while rather than make a quick decision.

I love the Bentley's though.

Tough decisions.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry about not getting back, I had a death in the family. I sold the coupe. I have a 07 GTC diamond black with saddle interior, 5300 miles.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Sorry about not getting back, I had a death in the family. I sold the coupe. I have a 07 GTC diamond black with saddle interior, 5300 miles.
The teaser is of no value w/o pictures!!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Gcalo,
The speed is quite a different animal than the other Bentleys. If you haven’t driven one, I would suggest that you give it a try before you make a decision.
I have had many cars and love the sports cars, however I also like the luxury cars. While having both is nice, I find that the rawer sport models get tiring when the road turns straight and the traffic picks up.
After 3 years in a DB9 I found that something a little quieter with a smoother ride was important. I had fitted a sports pack which made the DB9 handle better, but with a slightly harsher ride. I had a deposit on the DBS, however after wringing one out I found it too close to my 9. Closer to what I was looking for, but still no cigar. This is when I had a chance to stretch the legs of the GT speed.

Much different car than the GT. With suspension tightened along with new tires it feels like it hangs on almost as good as a DBS. It has a similar feel at turn in due to softening the front anti roll bar. Trial break into a turn, and dives for the apex. Proper technique will have it almost as fast as the DBS, with the advantage of the S being speed at the apex. Tracking out is the Speeds forte due to all wheel drive. While not really as fast, the feeling when pushed is very close, however when the road straightens, the Speed takes on the true Bentley character. I feel that the carbon breaks are mandatory. Not for the stopping but for the ride. The stiffer spring and shock rates stiffen the ride; however the drop in un-sprung weight with the carbon breaks returns the ride close to the standard GT.
Anyone who has ever spent time in the Porsche knows how good the steering feel is. It is what captivates me about the car. The DB9 is very close once the sport pack is fitted. The DBS is closer with somewhat lighter than my 9. So here is the surprise. The speeds steering seems as light as the Porsche with maybe as much feel.
It will not replace a true sports car due to the tonnage, however for me, it seems theed perfect comprise. Nothing is better than driving the sport car in the mountains or along the coast. The problem for me is that I find myself going from one to the other, which leaves all of the road travel in between. Looking at your trip computer also tells a story. Leave your home and take a 100 mile trip out and back. Then check your average speed. While you may have been in the triple digits several times, your average is still most likely bellow 40 MPH.
The question I ask is; what would you rather be in at 40? If you get stopped in traffic in the speed, you can just sit there and admire workmanship like no other. Get to the open road and very few can leave you behind.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Sloopy great dissertation.

If you think Porsche steering feel is good you should try Ferrari! Incredible like it's on rails.

I will try a "Speed". It really sounds like a great car.

I can't stand noisey cars on long distance and that's why I'd never drive my Ferrari to LA! Monterey is about the furtherest.

How can you wait so long for yours? That's killer. Where's your dealer? SF?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Dealer is in lost cats.

Ohhhh; the wait is causing me to lose sleep.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Have we successfully hijacked this thread?

I would have trouble waiting 6 months+ for a car.

Who is the dealer?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:33 AM
This car is amazing.

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted Continental GT black/tan asap