Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Spent the day at the track with derek bell beating up some GT SUper Speeds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
my fathers car does not have a back seat. Just a carbon strut bar and seat delete. I didnt know you could get a SS with a functional backseat. I wonder which option is more expensive.
You can NOT get a SS with a back seat, my car is the GTC. I thought the seats were a bit spartan in the SS and the ride was more stiff than I prefer for most street driving. If I was getting a new one I would consider the Speed model and get pipes and a tune from Fabspeed. That car would have all the speed, power, luxury and room a guy could want. I do accept that we all fall in love with different cars for our personal reasons.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
pictures = way too big for this forum!
You can upload them to Photobucket and then post the image link.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
As far as track use goes, it is by no means the fastest or the most fun car, but thats the only place you can really use the 650hp. The 650hp is pretty much useless on the street unless you absolutely want to go to jail..
Actually the Supersports has "only" 621 hp according to Edmunds, Wikipedia, etc.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
You can NOT get a SS with a back seat, my car is the GTC.
The great news is that you absolutely CAN get a Supersports with a back seat. Not only that, the "standard" carbon fiber racing-style front seats also get replaced with traditional Continental seats found in the Speed and standard GT. To get this type of seating, a Supersports had to be ordered with a "Comfort Seat" option (MSRP of around $5,700). The only downside is that adding those seats also adds 100 Lbs of wait, which eliminates almost half of the weight advantage that Supersports cars have over Speed cars.

Take a look at one of the cars I am considering: http://land-rover-naples-fl.ebizauto...px?iid=9835256.

If you look at this picture: http://3-photos.ebizautos.com/used-2...256-23-640.jpg, you will see a back seat.

I would not even consider an SS if it did not have this option (as much as I love it). A 2-seater would not really work for me as a daily driver (I have a family of 4). But this comfort seat options makes SS the ultimate Continental.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...Too refined and heavy for the track, too much power to do stupid **** on the street. Its kind of a pointless car for the majority, but an awesome toy as a 7th car for my dad or the other major ballers out there. LOL.
My thoughts exactly. In fact I'm wondering why we buy such beasts because they are neither road or track-useful. I drove a Panamera in a Porsche World Roadshow day on the track a while back, and at the time I couldn't figure out why they put it on. Handled quite nicely though, but in the way a CGT would - hard and heavy.

So it has to be the thought of all that power, and the ability to bring it up to max road legal speed faster than anything else. I tested this last weekend... me at the front of a 100km/hr straight highway at the lights with a 650cc motorbike of unknown brand sitting beside me, rider looking as if he might give it the throttle. But I did first, tires chirping, and he was struggling to keep up, particularly when the Bentley just kept on powering through the bands. Glorious!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
The great news is that you absolutely CAN get a Supersports with a back seat. Not only that, the "standard" carbon fiber racing-style front seats also get replaced with traditional Continental seats found in the Speed and standard GT. To get this type of seating, a Supersports had to be ordered with a "Comfort Seat" option (MSRP of around $5,700). The only downside is that adding those seats also adds 100 Lbs of wait, which eliminates almost half of the weight advantage that Supersports cars have over Speed cars.

Take a look at one of the cars I am considering: http://land-rover-naples-fl.ebizauto...px?iid=9835256.

If you look at this picture: http://3-photos.ebizautos.com/used-2...256-23-640.jpg, you will see a back seat.

I would not even consider an SS if it did not have this option (as much as I love it). A 2-seater would not really work for me as a daily driver (I have a family of 4). But this comfort seat options makes SS the ultimate Continental.
Well I stand corrected, again.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:23 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
those carbon fiber seats are so comfortable and such a work of art. To delete them and pay $5,700 extra is blasphemy IMO. LOL! But I understand if you absolutely NEED a backseat.