Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Spent the day at the track with derek bell beating up some GT SUper Speeds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Spent the day at the track with derek bell beating up some GT SUper Speeds

Honestly, never been a bentley fan. Always thought it was a big, heavy POS. After driving it on the track, I can say I was pleasantly surprised. It wont keep up with any properly setup decent track car, but for a street car it is fantastic. It is capable on the track, but obviously, the weight is a huge hurdle to overcome. The car is absolutely beautiful looking (far different than a regular GT IMO) and the colors that they brought to the track are stunning. The interior is artfully done and i dont know of many other cars that can compete in that department.

I took some SICK pictures, but they are far too large to post. Had a hot lap with derek bell (who drove his 997 Carrera to the event). Spent a good 2 hours beating the crap out of the car and can definitely say the 80k over a regular bentley gt is worth it if youre willign to spend the money. I would never pay 281k for ANY car, but thats just me. The cars seemed to hold up VERY well to the 12 hours of torturous beatings they they got today.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Lets see the pictures!!!

Sounds like you had a really good time. Of cousre a day at the track is always fun.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
I presume you mean SuperSports. As the owner of one (and I never considered myself a Bentley kind of person), it is an awesome Winter Daily Driver - Yes, I use it as my winter car (put Pirelli Sottos on her and given the all wheel drive, it has been great in this crazy New York winter we are having). I still love my stealthy Kleeman C63, but even with Vredensteins on her, she is not good in even the lightest snow. The SuperSports is really fantastic.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
whoops, they, i guess the supersports. Whatever the "high performance model" is called. Ceramic brakes, extra HP, black wheels, exterior aerodynamics, etc. I think they are new for 2010 if im not mistaken. I beleive they make a "regular" gt, a gt "speed" and this "supersport". 281k average window sticker for the cars that they brought. Pretty amazing. The event re-inspired me to go buy a dedicated track car. LOL.

stef, what color is yours? I think my favorite color of the day was the neptune blue. Stunning.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT

stef, what color is yours? I think my favorite color of the day was the neptune blue. Stunning.
Silver Tempest - I am usually a Black car guy, but black really muddied the lines for me. Silver makes it pop especially with the black rims!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by stef430
Silver Tempest - I am usually a Black car guy, but black really muddied the lines for me. Silver makes it pop especially with the black rims!

absolutely. I loved the black, but it made it look very similar to a regular gt with blacked out accents.. the lighter colors really show off the vents. Congrats on a nice car. Enjoy it in good health.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 PM
paulycw is infamous around these parts
Sounds like fun. Derek Bell took me on a few hot laps 15 years ago at a BMW event,that guy is amazing.

Let's see some pictures.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
pictures = way too big for this forum!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stef430
I presume you mean SuperSports. As the owner of one (and I never considered myself a Bentley kind of person), it is an awesome Winter Daily Driver - Yes, I use it as my winter car (put Pirelli Sottos on her and given the all wheel drive, it has been great in this crazy New York winter we are having). I still love my stealthy Kleeman C63, but even with Vredensteins on her, she is not good in even the lightest snow. The SuperSports is really fantastic.
Stef430 - do you still have your Supersports? I tied to PM you, but I dont have yet 15 posts so I cant send PMs.

I am looking at a few 2011 Supersports cars and wanted to get your feedback about the car (likes, dislikes, etc.). I am planning to use mine as a daily driver so I need to know as much about the car as possible before I sign on a doted line.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I was considering taking my GTC to a track but do wonder what the point is. I know I won't set any real amazing times and all the 911's et.al. will just see me as in the way. I might enjoy the 300 mile trip to the track just as well.

While the Bentley GT is a fast car it is more of a luxury tourer and great daily driver. I have come to like mine more and more as the miles go by and do drive it a bit more sedately these days.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Dr. Disaster - you are absolutely right, but I could not care less about competing with others or setting lap records, etc. Its about being able to drive fast (for fun) in a safe and controlled environment. I know some of the guys here are fortunate enough to live in sparsely populated states with well paved roads, little police and little traffic, so they can play a little when they feel like it. I live in NYC and a track day is really the only way to have some fun with the car without huge . I think in my state they at the minimum revoke/suspend your license for driving over 100Mph on public roads. They can also arrest you and impound the car. So a track day is a great way to let some steam out and exercise the car.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
Dr. Disaster - you are absolutely right, but I could not care less about competing with others or setting lap records, etc. Its about being able to drive fast (for fun) in a safe and controlled environment. I know some of the guys here are fortunate enough to live in sparsely populated states with well paved roads, little police and little traffic, so they can play a little when they feel like it. I live in NYC and a track day is really the only way to have some fun with the car without huge . I think in my state they at the minimum revoke/suspend your license for driving over 100Mph on public roads. They can also arrest you and impound the car. So a track day is a great way to let some steam out and exercise the car.
Understood. I do live in a place where i can play some on the mountain roads and just have been lucky not to get stopped for speeding---------yet. It would be nice to go round the curves quickly and not fear and oncoming or a blue light.

I was trying to be polite also and not sound like i was disrespecting any person who may want to push the Bentley into the realms of the true sports car. I see this on Top Gear all the time with Clarkson ranting against the GT for being such a heavy toad and not responding like a Lambo.

There has been some discussion on this lovely forum about the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde personality of this car and while I love it it can cause the car to be expexted to perform over it's capabilities. This coming from one who has spent time and $ hoping up my car with pipes and an ECU tune. I am the worst hooligan in the GT and still get defensive when the GT gets criticism.

Now to the controversy. The Supersports does give up some interior creature comforts to be more lively. They do this pushing the car more into the sports car role but never really change the car enough IMHO. I wish Bentley would actually do a more drastic makeover possibly even bringing out a new model. I have said plenty and will now take my medicine from the members.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM
after the event, my father ended up purchasing a 1 of 1 color combo supersport. He absolutely loves the car and is pretty much the ultimate GT car. As far as track use goes, it is by no means the fastest or the most fun car, but thats the only place you can really use the 650hp. The 650hp is pretty much useless on the street unless you absolutely want to go to jail. Its amazing how fast the car gets to 150mph, but its still a pretty huge/heavy.

IMO, something for dedicated track duty that has less power and less weight would be an obvious choice for that application over a gt supersport. This car is really just good for the guy that wants the ultimate GT street car and isnt happy with the power of the stock bentley GT (or wants a more exclusive/rare car that looks more of the part)...Too refined and heavy for the track, too much power to do stupid **** on the street. Its kind of a pointless car for the majority, but an awesome toy as a 7th car for my dad or the other major ballers out there. LOL.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
after the event, my father ended up purchasing a 1 of 1 color combo supersport. He absolutely loves the car and is pretty much the ultimate GT car. As far as track use goes, it is by no means the fastest or the most fun car, but thats the only place you can really use the 650hp. The 650hp is pretty much useless on the street unless you absolutely want to go to jail. Its amazing how fast the car gets to 150mph, but its still a pretty huge/heavy.

IMO, something for dedicated track duty that has less power and less weight would be an obvious choice for that application over a gt supersport. This car is really just good for the guy that wants the ultimate GT street car and isnt happy with the power of the stock bentley GT (or wants a more exclusive/rare car that looks more of the part)...Too refined and heavy for the track, too much power to do stupid **** on the street. Its kind of a pointless car for the majority, but an awesome toy as a 7th car for my dad or the other major ballers out there. LOL.
The ultimate GT car I whole heartedly agree. I also agree that the SS is more limited and as such carries a larger wow factor. I also agree that 650hp is more than you can use regularly but it is darn nice occasionally.

I do carry three people at times and back seat while not great is better than none. 120mph is nothing in these cars and I need to find a way to convince a judge of that.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
The ultimate GT car I whole heartedly agree. I also agree that the SS is more limited and as such carries a larger wow factor. I also agree that 650hp is more than you can use regularly but it is darn nice occasionally.

I do carry three people at times and back seat while not great is better than none. 120mph is nothing in these cars and I need to find a way to convince a judge of that.
my fathers car does not have a back seat. Just a carbon strut bar and seat delete. I didnt know you could get a SS with a functional backseat. I wonder which option is more expensive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spent the day at the track with derek bell beating up some GT SUper Speeds