Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

GT and Supersport = lust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Umm, for the record guys that red thing was my daily driver and track fun toy (until i got serious and raced the Formula 2000 open wheel with full aero pakage). The red toy is a highly modded '85 Euro 308 GTS with modded suspesnion, modded brakes, etc and yet weighs 250 lbs less than stock (total of 2900 wet with driver). Frankly, an SCCA-spec Miata does better on the track than the stock 308.

And that's my 85 euro 928 in your old driveway Steven. You don't think my post was a random thing do ya?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Of course not

And yes, the CGT is much less $$ to keep going than that 308 ever was. TCO in a Ferrari that is driven as Enzo may have intended is insanity. Gave up on Ferrari cars du to TCO an the ay they treat customers, though might get a Bugatti or Pagani at some point in my life (odds are Bugatti because the VW Groups seems to treat their customers right).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-28-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Yup The Bentley is much better all-rounder, much better for the frozen white North too. And you don't have to sit crooked anymore. But I tend to believe someone else had a say in that purchase.

I have been living in the Carolinas for the last 4 years.

Well if you like bugatti here is a great video I watched a few weeks back. What an awesome factory and the engineering and construction are amazing but to me it is butt ugly. I think you are better off in the CGT or maybe a DBS someday, the modern 928.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6cyk9mQWM4

Old 01-28-2011, 12:36 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The racerx
Yup The Bentley is much better all-rounder, much better for the frozen white North too. And you don't have to sit crooked anymore.
Amen, and while i did have Blizzak WS60 for the 308,l the Blizzak with LM60 on the B is far better.

But I tend to believe someone else had a say in that purchase.
Actually no as after racing the F2000 there really is no street-legal car that comes close to 3.5+G of turning ability. So call it that NO street car is as capable as the Formula car in the twisties and after a lot of track time that the UNSAFE public roass with lackluster drivers means it is better to have a more appropriate car for public road use.

I have been living in the Carolinas for the last 4 years.
Wow, yet good roads there as i recall.

Well if you like bugatti here is a great video I watched a few weeks back. What an awesome factory and the engineering and construction are amazing but to me it is butt ugly. I think you are better off in the CGT or maybe a DBS someday, the modern 928.
AMartin DBS? No thanks. Build quality is lackluster for the price paid, parts costs are high, etc. Have heard too many stories about AMartins so i know better than to get one of those.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Roads here are free of potholes, but nice driving roads are everywhere and have a lot to do with comfort level and area knowledge.

I had not heard that about the most recent Astons, but none of these new cars are for shadetree mechanics. Only a good idea to own all new high end cars while under warranty.

Enjoy the CGT.

Last edited by The racerx; 01-28-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
I have a DBS - Car is amazing, fluid and no issues whatsoever, nor have I heard of any from owners - lots of armchair quarterbacks and anecdotal blah blah, but if you ask me (I own one) and others I know, they are great. Of course, I am not driving my DBS in the snow like my Supersports, but....