Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT Mulliner seat embroidery "Bentley"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
jc333 is infamous around these partsjc333 is infamous around these parts
Bentley GT Mulliner seat embroidery "Bentley"?

First post here, nice to meet fellow car fans from around the world.

Currently looking at a 2005 Bentley GT but have a query on the Mulliner specifications specifically on seat option. I understand most have the Bentley "Wing" logo stitched on both front and rear seats. However, came across one model but all seats shows the "BENTLEY" lettering which I thought was very unusual. I questioned the owner and his comment was that its a very rare option that Mulliner offers.

I would like to ask if this is true or if the lettering was added after by a third party company.

BTW, anything I should look out for on the 2005 GT? Any prone problems for this model?

Many thanks!

Jim

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-18-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Not enough posts and not in open forum
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley on the seat is a stand alone option if my memory serves correct. It is not part of the Mulliner package. In my opinion Bentley on the seat looks cheap because they use some crazy block letter font.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:03 PM
jc333 is infamous around these partsjc333 is infamous around these parts
Thanks CAPTLST
I understand what you mean by the stand alone option but is it possible as the rest of the car "seems" Mulliner spec'ed? Do you think the owner bought the car and had the Mulliner optioned added at a later date?

Some of the Mulliner specs on the car:
Dash with aluminium trims
Console with piano black trim or is this OE?
Doors inserts and seats are crossed stitched
Pedals are drilled and son on

Only thing that stands out strange is why on earth the seats have the ugly looking "Bentley" lettering?

Thanks again

Jim

Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I have a mulliner spec car - actually my second one - I have never seen the Bentley words printed on the seats.... you might wantt o search for any cars for sale and see if they have them - the cross stich etc can easily be done aftermarket

black piano wood is an option - you can get a muliner with the standar wood as well

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
gousfbulls1 is infamous around these parts
Mulliner is super sexy

Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
why dont you ask for the window sticker?

what's the big deal about mulliner package if it's just a bunch of options that can be ordered a la carte? is there a power increase via ecu remapping?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
MB65AMG is infamous around these parts
The "BENTLEY" embossed in the seats is a factory option...My old '05 GT had it... I'll attach a pic so you can see.

Attached Images