Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Need a constant live from dash area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 PM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Need a constant live from dash area

First real post here...nice to meet everyone here to share our experiences.

I would like to ask where I can get a constant live for a hardwire install in a 06 CGT? Anyone know if I tap the interior light area as I plan to install a detector and like to minimize cable run.

Also do any DIYers use any manuals or workshop material such as the BENTLEY IETIS? Would like to buy something to refer to when I'm removing trim to avoid any damage.

Many thanks!

J

Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
J,

There is a lever at the bottom of the panel below the steering wheel. Underneath that is a fuse panel, and simply use one of the switched on fuses, which the Service manual that came with the car has a diagram of. If you use a constant on, then you'll have to manually turn on and off the unit every time you use the car, whereas a switched on means it will have power on and off with the car's normal operation. It is hard for me to tell you which fuse, as the fuse box has many fuses and the manual that came with the car is very detailed. It is not the in the large leather-bound manual, it is the smaller manual that has fuse box diagrams, etc within it.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 PM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Thanks enjoythemusic

I read the whole leather user manual, few interesting areas about jack mode which may come in handy one day.

I only have the below documentation with car but dont see a smaller manual with fuse layout.

Leather bound manual
3 quick reference leaflets
1 card with voice commands

I also found an Apple ipod and USB connection in the glovebox but how does one active it on the screen? What does the USB connection do as I'm not too sure if this was retrofitted but it has a small leather case which is fixed to the glovebox, neat and tidy install which seems factory fitted.

Lastly, do you know how to remove the centre console trim by the gear gaitor specifically around the ashtray area?

Thanks
J

Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
J,

May i suggest you visit your local Bentley dealer as they can help you plus you really should have the manual/book that shows the fuses boxes and other service items. AM not sure hot to remove the trim pieces and the dealer can assist you with that.