Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental Flying Spur enters North American Rally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Dox W12 is infamous around these parts
Continental Flying Spur enters North American Rally

In case you weren't sufficiently offended that I would take my '06 CFS down the dragstrip https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rter-mile.html ,
it's also entered in the 2011 Rally Appalachia hosted by Rally North America.

The 2011 Rally Appalachia benefits the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and begins in one week. Here's a 100 second YouTube promo video: http://www.youtube.com/user/RallyNorthAmerica#p/a

Last year I was the driver for #16 Team Mercedes which won the 2010 Route 66 Rally, eastern division. My navigator and I are returning this year as #16 Team Bentley, hoping to make it two in a row.

As we have time, we'll post updates to this thread. You can also follow the action at: http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/ The Rally begins July 18th.

If you feel that racing our modern Bentleys is a sacrilege, perhaps you shouldn't scroll any further to see the required Rally stickers and vendor badges installed this weekend (they are removable).

Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! If i am offended, it is only because you probably could have found more PAYING sponsors . During my racing it really helped to have sponsors as this allowed them to use the car as an advertising tool plus the funds aided to partially offset in tire/brake/etc costs.

PS: Those painted stock rims really look great!

PPS: During tracking or racing, you really might want to have the front tow hook installed. This way it is installed just in case, well, you can not access the trunk.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-10-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Dox W12 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the kind words, Steven.

Since the Rally is for charity, we don't use any sponsorship money to offset our own expenses. Sponsor dollars don't even pass through our hands, but go directly on to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. We collect small donations ourselves, but the sponsors who get the advertising stickers donate pretty large amounts for that exposure.

The expenses on these North American Rally fees are really not that high. You have your fuel, lodging, food, and rally administrative fee (which I think was less than $300). The organizers negotiate group discounts on the hotels and some of the parties. Nothing else to buy, which is a great deal, considering all the things we do (3 raceway admissions, 2 parades, meet and greet with celebrities, big party and band at the end). Compared to the Bull Run entry fee (20k) and the Gumball 3000 (45k), it's peanuts.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:10 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dox W12
Since the Rally is for charity...
Ahh ok, yes 100% agree with you. Have fun and win it for us!!!!!!! There is winning.............. and then there everything else. Or as the poster says, "Racing is life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting."