Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Best tire for CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
JJV104 is infamous around these parts
I hear you. I don't gamble so three days is max for me. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JJV104
I hear you. I don't gamble so three days is max for me. Glad you enjoyed it.
brother, it was really bad. We were tired and drunk. We have a bunch of twenty year olds in our entourage, so you know it gets crazy So much fun. It's back to work. So we are going to work so much harder.Great vacation though. If there are motorheads out there, I would definitely recommend it.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 AM
BMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud of
Old tyre thread, but what the heck.

Just replaced the OE Pirelli Rosso's on my 2005 CGT with 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, 275/40R19.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP

Seem great for my needs. $1,650 fitted, with lifetime replacement warranty, from Discount tire.

Point of note for older car buyers, when I looked at the Rosso fronts, just to check wear, I noticed they were the originals, dated 2004.

Fast car, old tyres. Dont think so! (Plus they had done 28k miles)

Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow those were some old tires on your car! During tracking the Italian thing in 2006 she really enjoyed the Pilot Sport PS2 and Sport Cup. Looks like the tire you chose can handle the B's weight too (2039 lbs. per tire). I know the PS2 was great in the rain and this new generation should be better still. Keep us posted how she feel after a few hundred miles. Thx

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-15-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM
BMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Will do.

Feels like money well spent.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Should I get the Pirelli PZero or PZero Rosso? The correct size for the 20" speed wheel is 275/35/20, right?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lilo1980
Should I get the Pirelli PZero or PZero Rosso? The correct size for the 20" speed wheel is 275/35/20, right?
I bought the Ross "B" tires since that what came on it and I was pleased with them. I wonder what the difference really is?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I bought the Ross "B" tires since that what came on it and I was pleased with them. I wonder what the difference really is?
I was checking Tirerack's OE for the car. When I selected the newer model, the OE tires became PZero. Apparently, PZero has higher performance but Rosso is more comfortable.

I just bought a set of the PZERO. I wonder if I should put them on since I'm still on winter tires but the snowy winter is coming in 3 months

Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lilo1980
I was checking Tirerack's OE for the car. When I selected the newer model, the OE tires became PZero. Apparently, PZero has higher performance but Rosso is more comfortable.

I just bought a set of the PZERO. I wonder if I should put them on since I'm still on winter tires but the snowy winter is coming in 3 months
Depends on how many times you want to change them out.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Instead of starting a new tire thread.... Looked at the date codes on the stock P Zero and yup, they are now too old to use. The rubber felt hard and am getting the rims refurbished too. Thus changing out the P Zero 'B' spec to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport as the weight and performance rating are excellent for the stock 19" Mulliner rimmed 2007 GTC. Don't want to go 20" on up because of the roadways here and their disrepair are a real rim killer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Continental

Loved the Pilot Sport 2 when tracking/street the Ferrari and so unless someone has a great alternative/suggestion the new Pilot Super Sport will be on her from Spring through Fall. Comments? Suggestions?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Pilots sports working well every day through this harsh Houston winter.

They get a vote from me.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I am considering the Pilots next time i need rubber.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Now with quite some miles driven with the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport I can happily say MUCH better than the stock Pirelli P Zero. Smoother ride, less audible noise yet higher grip. This higher grip factor is especially apparent during turn-in and hard braking. Am very happy with the Michelin PSS tires and have no second thoughts in making the change from stock Pirelli P Zero tires. Current tires pressures are 46F and 44R.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM
JJV104 is infamous around these parts
Glad you're enjoying them. Michelin makes some fine tires. When in doubt I always go with them.

Is your front / rear pressure differential enough? I thought it was supposed to be 5 psi. I run mine a little lower than yours. The values on the door sill are pretty high. The chart in the owners manual gives you three choices based on max speed. I run between the lowest and mid value.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Good point and might drop the rears to 43. For me, the higher pressures in the 2007 GTC on the 19" rims feels better during the suspension setting choices. Said another way, since the tire is part of the overall suspension and the 19" rubber has plenty of sidewall, I prefer a slightly stiffer feel than 'roly-poly' couch on wheels feel that lower pressures present. Thus tune the tire pressure so that the 'Normal' setting is my own personal normal feel, with the lower setting (far left) being ALMOST a bit roly-poly and higher setting being stiff (setting 3) to really stiff (far right setting).

As a side note, too low a pressure when using the Pirelli P Zero would then cause some flat spots per se. Seems they did not like low pressure settings. Years ago the Bentley factory mechanic confirmed that too low a setting on the Pirelli P Zero would cause such things.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-07-2014 at 09:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best tire for CGT