Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

tire Pressure light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
BentleyF is infamous around these parts
tire Pressure light

My dash keeps displaying TYRE Pressure Monitor system Learning.. It will go off then comes right back on.. i did reset it with vehicle button and that works only after driving above 60 for a few miles then it comes back on.. it tells me that i have 29psi in all wheels but i know that i have more than that... what could this be???? Please help this is very annoying...
Is this what happens when battery on sensors go? Please respond ASAP as I dont even want to drive it... Dealer is 3 plus hours away... would like to fix myself without dealer if possible...

Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
What do you use to measure the PSI of your tires to know the sensors are off?

As you know, 29 psi is WAY too low and that 42 front and 35 rear psi is normal.

If you go over 168mph, then 49 front and 41 rear psi.

Always measure PSI when tires are 'cold' (before you drive the car). Maybe the sensors are getting old and yes need to be changed?

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-12-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
BentleyF is infamous around these parts
The infotainment vehicle reads 29 for all 4 tires, with ok by each. However each tire has 49psi. I assume it may need calibrated. Vagcom or dealer? Will try Vagcom first. Ppl who have bad sensors what message do you have in display?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm... yes try Vagcom first as there may be something there to fix things. If not, it is probably a simple dealer computer thing. i doubt all four sensors went bad at the same time.

BTW, 49 psi may be a bit too much in the rear, the specs i used come right from the owners manual.