Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Glass Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Glass Cleaner?

Now to be clear this is not my first car ever but it is the nicest I have ever owned. That said I am **** about keeping it as pristine as possible. I see in the owners manuel that they reccomend a cream glass cleaner. I have not seen any in the automotive stores but did see some online. Do any of you all use a cleaner like this?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
www.invisibleglass.com/

...and buy in bulk for washing/waxing/etc the car microfiber cloths from

www.euroworeilly.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=121

Of course when washing/waxing car i wax the windshield.

www.autogeek.net/meguiars21.html

Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thanks Steven that is some of the stuff I saw on the Autogeek site. I called a buddy last night confessing that I rub this car more than my----- well you know.

I saw your thread wax on and have had a few chuckles on other posts.

The wife and I have three Harleys ans so we are acquainted with the obsessive use of the microfiber.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
i am a big invisible glass fan myself... its safe on tints too

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
I don't have good luck with Invisible Glass at all... I always get haze and left behind water spots or streaks with it. For what it's worth I use Wurth glass cleaner. (-:

Old 11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
www.invisibleglass.com/

...and buy in bulk for washing/waxing/etc the car microfiber cloths from

www.euroworeilly.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=121

Of course when washing/waxing car i wax the windshield.

www.autogeek.net/meguiars21.html

IG is the best I have ever used, but to be honest if you get a good GLASS microfiber water isn't that far behind.

These are the MFs that I use for glass. Good MFs are a bit more, but have found them to last a long time and be very worth the cost of entry.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-ww1627-3.html

Last edited by Gungriffin; 11-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agree waffle cloths are very nice, problem is i am a use once (one 'session') and throw away type of guy to avoid any 'contamination' getting back onto the work/area. Thus towels never get washed and so are fully 'disposable' to me. The 3M waffle cloths i have used are very impressive, yet the cost to use once and toss away obviously is a bit on the high side for me. Perhaps i should get some and actually wash/reuse them.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 PM
CHAOS236 is infamous around these partsCHAOS236 is infamous around these parts
Hot damp towels,really

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I take a nicely folded dry towel from my automobile cleaning pile, and run one part of it under cold water for a second so part of the surface is wet.

Then I rub the wet side over the glass to clean it, and immediately turn it over and use the dry side to - well, dry it. Then it goes into the laundry basket to be washed.

The next best thing is Mother's Chrome Polish - it's magic and doesn't leave any deposit.

Everything else is like rubbing Flubber onto the windscreen... I've never had ANY success with any other glass cleaner and I've tried all of them. I used to use wet and dry newspaper, but that was touch and go. The clean towel is King!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Agree waffle cloths are very nice, problem is i am a use once (one 'session') and throw away type of guy to avoid any 'contamination' getting back onto the work/area. Thus towels never get washed and so are fully 'disposable' to me. The 3M waffle cloths i have used are very impressive, yet the cost to use once and toss away obviously is a bit on the high side for me. Perhaps i should get some and actually wash/reuse them.
Wash them with detergent and some vinegar. Just do not use any fabric softener. I just leave them out to dry and call it good.

Ryan

Old 11-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
Wash them with detergent and some vinegar. Just do not use any fabric softener. I just leave them out to dry and call it good.
Thx.

FYI: My dad is a decades-long serious fabric/cloths expert in production and manufacturing and he taught me long ago to NEVER use fabric softener on anything.

Thanks for the tip, may get a three-pack of those waffle cloths and give it a go.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...I called a buddy last night confessing that I rub this car more than my----- well you know.
Mel, rubbing your head is not going to get your hair back!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Mel, rubbing your head is not going to get your hair back!
Well uh-------------never had hair there but nevermind.

Just love to rub the car. When I finish the hood and move to the rear I find dust on the front so I race back and forth chasing the dust settling out of the air. round and round I go.