Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

After Bentley the What?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bentley996
Just test drove the new GT V8 for a couple of hours - its so different to my w12 - its like a totaly different car - thats where ill be going next!
I am so glad that you posted your comment. I am highly interested in getting a W12 GTC, but I am now going to seriously consider the V8. It would be tragic if I had bought a W12 and later regretted it.

I would then have to admit: "I could have had a V8!"

Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Jackedwards is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I am so glad that you posted your comment. I am highly interested in getting a W12 GTC, but I am now going to seriously consider the V8. It would be tragic if I had bought a W12 and later regretted it.

I would then have to admit: "I could have had a V8!"
1989 called and wants its joke back...

I don't see how driving either one could ever be tragic.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
...I've looked at Ferraris and not really interested due to the poor rearward visibility....
Bit like the CGT too. But then, why do we want to look in our rear view mirror when we're going faster than anyone else anyway!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jackedwards
...I don't see how driving either one could ever be tragic.
Sure, but every marque has its poor cousin. Mercedes got to the point where you could buy an unbadged SL - so that your neighbors didn't know it was the 350 weakling instead of the more expensive 500. But they KNEW, simply by the no-show badging.

At least the CGT hasn't got a V8 badge on it, no embarassment there! Just the red wheel centers to give it away

Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
new 2 door rolls

Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The new Rolls are very nice, but they seem a bit too 'retro' in some ways for me. Still, nice cars those Rolls and i still feel that modern Bentley does better leatherwork than modern Rolls, but that may just be me.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
The new Rolls are very nice, but they seem a bit too 'retro' in some ways for me. Still, nice cars those Rolls and i still feel that modern Bentley does better leatherwork than modern Rolls, but that may just be me.
I agree they are a retro look. If I was going big and old I'd look into the Mulsane.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Some parts of a car you can keep in a redesign and it still looks good, like the hypodermic air vent controls on the CGT.

But the Rolls should ditch that spindly steering wheel and learn from the Continental on how to build graceful and integrated interiors.