Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental GT Speed or GTC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
It must be natural for the lazy and worthless to hate the industrious and successful.
I have friends that work 60 to 100 hours a week to have what they have now. Everyone seems to think that success is just something that was handed down. On a lighter note, did you install your ECU yet?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Yes the ECU is in and the secondary bypass pipes are on. The down tubes did not fit my car. I am going to call Fabspeed and determine my options. David told me that I am not getting all the power i should without the down tubes. I may just have to send them back for a partial refund and call it quits.

Trust me bro. the pipes are not where to hp is. My car is quick. the sound is still way to soft BUT IT IS FAST.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I lost you when you said your GTC is really quick Man, I wanted you to hear that sound with the ECU upgrades., maybe you can look into having custom downpipes built. My friend wanted to build my whole exhaust system. He did one for a supersport and it sounded really mean. Kinda too loud for may taste. But on a track it would sound cool. Or maybe you can change out the mufflers to get a better sound.?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
. My car is quick. the sound is still way to soft BUT IT IS FAST.
Two words: Cherry Bombs

www.cherrybomb.com

Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Steven I did not see Bentley on their list of builds. But they haven't seen to many of them. Something tells me they would be a little much on the GTC.

Wedgeduck, I just got a mail from David and he says he will take the pipes back for a refund but if I brought the car up there they could do a custom down tube. I am still considering my options. I would wager that the ECU tune does not change the sound of the car much with the exception of producing more turbo whoosh. The car does gain rpm faster especially after 4000rpm as the turbo effect is quite a bit more pronounced. I had always thought the turbos were not really noticeable in the car as it was stock being such a smooth accelerator from the bottom of the rpm range. The turbo power rush is definitely there now.

From a dead stop cram the peddle and get ready, you are fixin to launch.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Steven I did not see Bentley on their list of builds. But they haven't seen to many of them. Something tells me they would be a little much on the GTC.
If its too loud you're too old

Actually, it is HEDIOUSLY loud. The PO of the Ferrari had custom setup using Cherry Bombs and kept it on the car. Sounded really great... on the track. For the street it was PAINFULLY loud and droning.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Doc, go for the custom down pipes. Those boys seemed to know what they are doing. I know your GTC is whipping around them hills I had Cherry Bombs in my 1963 Lincoln Continental once, those things are LOUD! Oh my god, I think I am getting too old. LOLLL!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I'm thinking the difference between you guys and me is that while we all have potential hotrods, you USE yours. I like that.

I drive mine like an old man... so I'm really just here for the bragging rights

And useless braggin' too... I often tell anyone who cares that there's only a second or so 0-60 between my turbo Rangie and the Conti, but I neglect to tell them this is only on the straight. On corners I may as well be driving a school bus. They are all hopeless on the twisties.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I have friends that work 60 to 100 hours a week to have what they have now...
You forgot luck. I know many folk who work much harder and are far cleverer - and get nowhere.

Right place, right time is the luck factor often neglected in the success mix.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
You forgot luck. I know many folk who work much harder and are far cleverer - and get nowhere.

You are correct on this Ken. As a beachbum, we always thought of the the economy as a wave. With all of your discipline, pick the right wave and you can be in for the ride of your life. And then there is always that one wave that you know damm well it's magical and something out of your control, causes you to be held underwater for a minute.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 AM
My goodness, I was starting to feel a little seasick after that analogy

Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 AM
My goodness, I was starting to feel a little seasick after that analogy

Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 AM

“I conclude therefore that, fortune being changeful and mankind steadfast in their ways, so long as the two are in agreement men are successful, but unsuccessful when they fall out. For my part I consider that it is better to be adventurous than cautious, because fortune is a woman, and if you wish to keep her under it is necessary to beat and ill-use her; and it is seen that she allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous rather than by those who go to work more coldly. She is, therefore, always, woman-like, a lover of young men, because they are less cautious, more violent, and with more audacity command her.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
tags: inspirational, motivational, power