Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Painless dent removal safe on the GT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012 | 11:47 AM
|
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Painless dent removal safe on the GT? Photos uploaded

Spotted a faint dent near fuel cap area and was wondering if the GT panels are made using the aluminum super forming technology?

As most cars are made of steel I guess using PDR method would be the same for aluminium panels?

Anyone here removed any dents on the GT before?

J

Last edited by jc_333; 07-21-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2012 | 10:05 PM
|
Updated pic of the area and not sure how it got there as the clear coat doesn't have any scratches along dent. Checked part lists to show its not at edge of side panel so bit confused what could cause this line without effecting paintwork

Car will get polished and opticoat protected next week thus pardon current condition.

J

Old 07-22-2012 | 11:50 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
My Bentley dealer had to remove my rear left quarter panel to remove a small dent caused by some unknown hater. Dentless removal techniques don't seem to work well because of the thickness of the aluminum body.

Old 07-22-2012 | 02:11 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
alum panels are definitely harder to work with. they are thicker and often require heating on the backside to make the metal more workable. i had a big dent the size of a grape fruit. it had to be hammered out (which too several hours) and involved new paint.

Old 07-22-2012 | 09:13 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Depends more importantly on the guy doing it. I have the enviable luck to have access to one of the most skilled dent guys I've ever seen.

He operated on the lower driver's door when I first bought my CGT, removing an ugly cent-size dent on the inside of the curve where it meets the sill strip. (Don't know what the PO was th/drinking when that happened!)

This must have be the most difficult panel to work on in any car, yet he completed it flawlessly. No repaint, no scratches, nothing. I was simply amazed - there was nothing to show it had ever been there.

That's the operator you want!

Old 07-23-2012 | 05:15 AM
|
Thanks for the reply guys.

We have a pretty good dent Dr in HK so will pay him a visit after the typhoon has blown over as its raining cats n dogs now.

Anyone know thickness of the aluminum on the car and if its same throughout? I will get pics of the area once it has been repaired...if the guy can do it of coz! haha

Thanks!

J