Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GTC price opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 01:28 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
My Bentley GT got keyed on the hood in my own high rise condo's gated underground parking lot. It's amazing that even those that live in luxury condo would do something like that. And the young hip hop style kids always look like they want to car jack you for a joy ride.
Sorry to hear that, it's a crying shame. Did you get the garage cameras checked out?

Last edited by kensilver; 08-25-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
So I have looked at two more GTC's, one of the benefits on San Diego is that there a good number of these guys for sale locally. Seems that a lot of people are upgrading to the new bodystyle or trying to get the v8's.

I have seen only one that I really like. It is a light crystal blue on light cream interior. It has non of the weird stitching or funky interior colors, the second hide color is the same as the primary and it has the extended wood in the rear of the car. Light burl walnut I think.

The car is being reconditioned and I am going to see it again after they are done, it needs some serious PDR. Car has been completely gone through which is nice, all new consumables, and it has the dark blue top which looks really good. 30K miles and no real mechanical repairs yet as well.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the car I really like, same color/wheels/interior, not the actual car. I don't want to link to a non sponsor of the board..

I am going to try and make the offer on Friday or next Tuesday when I get back into town. Sent the VIN off to my leasing company so they can do some sort of VIN search and make sure its clean. The lease is going to cost me a bit more then the purchase if I use cash. But if I keep the car under 3 years I will not take a bath on the sales tax. If I want to keep it I will just cut the check at that point and get the best of both worlds. Hopefully I can get them to install some lower grills in chrome and something small for my wife to make her happy.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Here is the car I really like, same color/wheels/interior, not the actual car.
What are the colors WearyMicrobe?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Chrome lowers for sure. Pretty car.

I have had an internal struggle with cars and colors and I may be trapped by tradition. What colors look good on a Ferrari? Are dark colors more stately and expected on certain luxury cars? Am I the only one to ask these?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
What are the colors WearyMicrobe?
Silver lake, with saffron interior, and burled walnut interior.

The only options are the chrome rims, and extended wood in the rear. It has the rear seat pass through and the thick carpets which are silly.

It does not have the massage seats or the contrasting stitching options. It is amazing how the lack of contrasting stitching and headrest embroidery tone down the car.

Waiting to here back from my lease guy later today and get the final numbers before I make an offer. I did not want to do it until I had the all clear from him. Might have to wait a few weeks to take delivery though as I am traveling for another week or so.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all

The only options are the chrome rims, and extended wood in the rear. It has the rear seat pass through and the thick carpets which are silly.

It does not have the massage seats or the contrasting stitching options. It is amazing how the lack of contrasting stitching and headrest embroidery tone down the car.

Waiting to here back from my lease guy later today and get the final numbers before I make an offer. I did not want to do it until I had the all clear from him. Might have to wait a few weeks to take delivery though as I am traveling for another week or so.
I rarely use the seat massage thing. Waste.
I like the Contrast stitching and emblems on the seats in the Convertible.
Thick carpets?

That interior sounds dreamy.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Chrome lowers for sure. Pretty car.

I have had an internal struggle with cars and colors and I may be trapped by tradition. What colors look good on a Ferrari? Are dark colors more stately and expected on certain luxury cars? Am I the only one to ask these?
For a long time I have thought that colors made a certain car’s shape either more or less desirable, so I agree with you. For instance, you cannot go wrong with choosing a black Bentley. I bought my 1st one because of the black exterior with a Portland and Porpoise interior. To me it was the most classic combination I had ever seen and couldn’t think I could ever do better than that.

When I went to trade in my GT for a GTC I had the choice between an automobile with the same color combination as the GT and a Fountain Blue one with a Linen interior. After much agony and at the last minute, I decided on the blue one and for me, it has turned out to be the better choice. Would I have been happy with the traditional black GTC? Of course I would have. A couple of times I went to the dealer’s web site to look at its pictures and it is gorgeous.

IMHO, there are at least five things to consider in selecting a color:

1. What is your color Preference?
One factor that can get you to stray from from traditional colors (black, silver or white) to another color combination - color preference (no news here). I just love blue as a color and I think that is what made me stray from my original choice.

2. What is your usage relative to appearance?
Another factor, which I have posted before, worth consideration is how much are you going to use the car and its relation to how clean do you want it to appear. If you intend to have it as a daily driver and you are beyond **** about its appearance, then black may not be the color for you. There is night and day difference on the amount of effort that is required to keep up the appearance between the different colors. Again, no news here, but it may be something worth considering. I know I did not when I bought the 1st one.

3. Do you want to impress the ladies?
IMHO, women are much more vocal, in a good way, about the blue one than the black one. While women liked the black one, they love the blue one. A friend of mine may have put his finger on why and that is - the lighter color presents the shape of the Bentley in a more striking way. The lines of the blue Bentley are more pronounced. His original impression was that the new one had a different body shape which was not the case. They were identical. Of course the convertible aspect doesn’t hurt in the ladies department either.

4. How much guts do you really have?
One observation that I gained from talking to dealers over the years - it is common for a buyer to love a certain color combination and then not have the guts to choose it. When it comes time to put your hard earned money on the line, there is a tendency to play it safe, especially with such a major purchase. Both the Aston Martin dealer and the Bentley told me that many buyers may think that a non-traditional color combination automobile is the prettiest one that they have ever seen, but will buy a safer color instead.

5. How much of a showoff are you?
I might be wrong, but I think that the non-traditional colors attract more attention than the traditional ones. This suits me fine as my friends call me a shallow showoff, and those are my friends.

One last comment: I was at a Mercedes dealer years ago and asked the salesman who would buy one of the Mercedes that was on the showroom floor (it was a weird green). His answer was: “There is a seat for every ***!”

Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Striking color combination. I believe that that particular combination was used to introduce the Continental convertible in the initial literature and demos.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Grwisher that is a well written synopsis and I agree on all points.

Do they make a Ferrari F430 in a light blue? Have you seen the new Jag XKRS in the FRB?

The blue GT I like. One of the latest Bentley magazines had that new light blue color on the cover and it rocks. Edit that's the one Gr

Now let me open the can of worms. Are some color combinations more feminine? Didn't some female celebrity have a pink one?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 08-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
So my first car showed up today. Not quite a Bentley but at least I have something I can putter back and forth to work or for when it rains. Hopefully the check I took my other car has cleared and I can make a offer this afternoon.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 PM
So my first car showed up today. Not quite a Bentley but at least I have something I can putter back and forth to work or for when it rains. Hopefully the check I took my other car has cleared and I can make a offer this afternoon.
It is un-American to have such a clean garage.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
It is un-American to have such a clean garage.
Its actually dirty, I am super retentive about my garage because most of my cars have tires that cost 500$ and I refuse to damage one over my own stupidity. I actually vacuum it which drives my wife crazy.

Probably something to do with my day job where a mess can kill you really quick.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:41 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Its actually dirty, I am super retentive about my garage because most of my cars have tires that cost 500$ and I refuse to damage one over my own stupidity. I actually vacuum it which drives my wife crazy...
Have you thought of using a Roomba? I have the Dirt Dog - no longer in production - and put it in there every few days. Hardest job is the 5 seconds emptying the microbes out.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...I have had an internal struggle with cars and colors and I may be trapped by tradition. What colors look good on a Ferrari? Are dark colors more stately and expected on certain luxury cars? Am I the only one to ask these?
You are not the first and will not be the last. We're all a bunch of totally different mixed up DNA.

It is very much harder to sell an out-of-town color. There was a white Aston Martin V8V a few years back here that Would Not Sell. Took almost 18 months, change of branch and a price drop before it went.

I'm after a DB9 (not selling the CGT though) as soon as I can find garaging, money and enough petrol vouchers. But it must be in Black. My Vanquish was silver, and although a striking shape there is no greater visual impact than a sleek silhouette in black.

Many cars look good in black... every Porsche I've seen is improved in black. But Ferrari, maybe not. There has to be discernment. Some cars need the concealment of black for their ungainly design. Others, like Bugatti, don't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GTC price opinions