Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

3WD: New RennTech V3.5 Digital Suspension Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough
3WD: New RennTech V3.5 Digital Suspension Lowering Module

Hello 6Speed Member, Please allow us to be the 1st to Introduce to you the RennTech Lowering Module for your vehicle. Now you can lower your vehicle if you have a Andorid OS Tablet.

Please contact us for pricing and availability. We truly appreciate all your support.
Thank you!!!!!!

The NEW Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) V3.5 Digital Lowering Module (DLM) is designed to work with the latest VAG Air Suspensions.These updated Air Suspensions utilize newly developed factory control units and are found in the following vehicles:
2011-up Porsche Cayenne (958)
  • Cayenne V6
  • Cayenne Diesel
  • Cayenne S
  • Cayenne S Hybrid
  • Cayenne GTS
  • Cayenne Turbo
2010-up Porsche Panamera (970)
  • Panamera S Hybrid
  • Panamera GTS
  • Panamera Turbo
  • Panamera Turbo S
2012- Bentley
  • Bentley Continential Supersports
  • Bentley Flying Spur
  • Bentley Flying Spur Speed
  • Bentley GT
  • Bentley GT Speed
  • Bentley Azure
  • Bentley Arnage
2011-Up Audi
  • Audi A6 Allroad
  • Audi A8
  • Audi Q7
Volkswagen
  • Phaeton
  • Touareg
As with the V3 VAG module, it requires no splicing or soldering.The RENNtech harness utilizes the factory pins as to allow a completely reversible installation.
All RENNtech DLMs are adjustable via USB using either Windows or Android OS.The software allows the user to adjust the ride-height at each corner in 1mm increments independently.The software also has three locations where the user can store pre-configured suspension setups for quick changes.
RENNtech VAG V3.5 DLM Module Specifications:
  • Current Consumption: 30mA (60mA while plugged in to PC/Tablet)
  • Adjustment increments: 1mm
  • Maximum Lowering: Limited only by vehicle
  • Adjustment Methods: PC or Android (Tablet)
  • Size: 53mm x 73mm x 24mm
  • Weight: 1.2oz
  • For More Information, please go to www.renntechmercedes.com

http://youtu.be/-eooiJIQtxQ

3W Distributing LLC
5140 Rogers Street Ste C
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Facebook: 3wdistributing | Instagram: 3wdistributing
#1 BRABUS Dealer in North America | TECHART Authorized Dealer
Authorized Distributor for: BRABUS, TechArt, StarTech, BBS, Mansory, BREMBO, KW Suspension, H&R, Ohlins, FI Exhaust, and Much More....
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE....

Last edited by 3WDistributing; 09-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Are these the latest lowering modules from Renntech. I believe I have the older ones. Not sure, it's been awhile.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Are these the latest lowering modules from Renntech. I believe I have the older ones. Not sure, it's been awhile.
Hello,

Yes, this is the latest version of the lowering module from RennTech.

Please let us now if you have any more questions.

Thank you

3W Distributing LLC
5140 Rogers Street Ste C
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Facebook: 3wdistributing | Instagram: 3wdistributing
#1 BRABUS Dealer in North America | TECHART Authorized Dealer
Authorized Distributor for: BRABUS, TechArt, StarTech, BBS, Mansory, BREMBO, KW Suspension, H&R, Ohlins, FI Exhaust, and Much More....
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE....
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Do you know of any major differences between these and the H&R ones?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
"Now you can lower your vehicle if you have a Andorid OS Tablet."

Android Tablet? Are you nuts?

Last edited by Grwisher; 10-01-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
"Now you can lower your vehicle if you have a Andorid OS Tablet."

Android? Are you nuts?
I believe this is a plug in. With Bluetooth, there will be a lot of problems. Hey, you can start and unlock your vehicle from a smart phone. Cool tech, safety and security concern is what I am worried about.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
I believe this is a plug in. With Bluetooth, there will be a lot of problems. Hey, you can start and unlock your vehicle from a smart phone. Cool tech, safety and security concern is what I am worried about.
WedgeDuck, you have done a much better job of offering constructive criticism than I have. I agree with your point about security.

Actually, I have been feeling bad about my terse remark “Are you nuts?”. I guess I have been reading too many “What Would Steve Jobs Have Done” articles lately. And when I saw that the product uses Android Tablets, I did what Steve Jobs would have done and wrote that comment. It generally is not my style to behave the way I did and I apologize for that outburst. Usually I would have written something with more substance like you did.

Well here goes. While the Android phone is very successful in terms of units sold, the Android tablet is not. The iPad commands over 70% of the market for tablets and a whopping 90%+ for usage. So, while having an Android app would be a fine addition, it would be more important to offer their product on a tablet that has the majority of users.

Additionally, the only segment where the Android tablet has significant numbers in the is where low cost is a main driver in sales i.e. where cheap bastards buy tablets. Oops, there goes the Steve in me again, sorry. Before anyone starts calling me an Android hater, let me make it perfectly clear that a lot of my friends use Android products. Of course that is like saying that I have a lot of friends who live in TN. But I digress. IMHO, the reason it is important to know that generally Android tablets are bought by cost conscious consumers is that this is definitely not the market that buys Bentleys.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Grwisher...omg, not even sure where to begin! Basically, both the Android and Apple platforms have demand in the consumer electronics and services marketplace. Yes studies have shown that Apple users spend more on apps/etc over their Android counterpart. As a developer, yes it makes more sense to develop apps for Apple over, say, the failing Windows Phone 7. So Apple sells more tablets and Android sells more phones. Prefer Android, better hardware, easier to program for and there are plenty of tools/software etc to work with.

Just glad we're not bringing up the Windows 8 tablets (and which version, crippled or Intel i5)...

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
So Apple sells more tablets and Android sells more phones.
If the product ran on Android phones, I might not have even commented on this thread. That is because Android has such a lead in the phone market. But, it uses Android tablets where the greater market share overwhelmingly belongs to the iPad. And while the iPad bastards are arrogant, they are not cheap.

Enjoythemusic, I think you are insinuating that I am an Apple fanboy. Well let me assure you that I am a fanboy of the highest order. I own all six models of the iPhone and historically have bought them on the first day of release. When I buy my iPhones, I always wear at least one Apple logo sticker on my shirt. And for the iPhone 5 that I bought on the 21st, I wore Apple logo stickers on the tops of my shoes as well. (One benefit of doing the shoes is that nobody will mess with a 68 year old man who wears Apple logos on his shoes.) My new GTC has an Apple sticker on the left taillight. And there is a good reason for my bias and fanboyism - profits in AAPL stock bought my GTC so I am incurable.

Now that you have brought up Windows 8:
I survived, basically as a programmer for over 40 years, and did quite well because of Microsoft application development. I would be most interested in what your opinion of Windows 8 in general and Windows 8 tablets (Surface) in particular. I will go first, at least on the tablet part. Surface Pro (Intel): If you want to have the full power of Windows, get an Ultra book instead of the Pro. If nothing else, for the screen size. Surface RT (ARM): Not enough applications. I think the Surface RT will fail this year and the Surface Pro will not. The reason that the Surface Pro will not fail this year is because it will not go on sale this year.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Enjoythemusic, I think you are insinuating that I am an Apple fanboy. Well let me assure you that I am a fanboy of the highest order...
Hold on there Cowboy, i gots me right here in my bathroom an Apple iPad.

And there is a good reason for my bias and fanboyism - profits in AAPL stock bought my GTC so I am incurable.
Can't argue with simple math and 100% agree with you anyway. i remember only a handful of years ago it was below $70 and told my then friend to go get some. Sadly, had to finally part with the Lisa about 10 years ago (she was dead Captn). If you can believe it, the Magnavox Odyssey we got when it first came out still works last time i checked it.

Now that you have brought up Windows 8
<insert photo of a can of worms here>

MS may be onto something with a tablet that has nearly the power of a proper laptop. Of course you and i will look back at this 8 years from now and LOL due to the incredibly slow processors and minimal storage of less than 3TB solid-state. To type you actually have to TOUCH the screen??? That is like a baby's toy!

I survived, basically as a programmer for over 40 years...
(Humbly Bows)

I would be most interested in what your opinion of Windows 8 in general and Windows 8 tablets (Surface) in particular.
Lack of apps, lack of apps and lack of apps. Oh, did i mention a sheer and stunning lack of apps? Did i mention i hate my WP7 (Sammy Focus) due to lack of apps. Sheeeet, the WP7 doesn't even make it as a good small wi-fi controller due to, you guessed it, a sheer lack of apps! At least my 'old' Android and iPad can be used as wall-mounted controllers or some other mundane duty for the home.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-01-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
PS: iPad2

Photo taken with Android phone
(Hey, it aint no Leica or Hasselblad)

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-01-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
First of all, I really enjoy your comments. The more I read your comments on this forum, the more I feel that you are truly a renaissance man. (Note to Dr. Disaster - this is a compliment.)

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
MS may be onto something with a tablet that has nearly the power of a proper laptop.
As far as a Windows "tablet with the power of a proper laptop" is concerned: This has been tried over and over for the last 12 years and none of them gained any traction. In fact, here is a blurb about what Bill Gates said about tablets:

"In 2001, Bill Gates shared his vision of the Tablet PC at the Comdex trade show. At the time, there were big hopes and predictions for this product segment’s success. In fact, Bill Gates personally predicted “within five years, I predict that it will be the most popular form of PC sold in America”. "

Sorry, IMHO, nothing much has changed for full function (Pro) Windows tablets since 2001 except that the Intel processors have improved but they still don't match the ARM ones in the iPad and Android tablets. They will still require a stylus and most probably a keyboard/track pad in order for users to get any utility from them. Couple that with a very small screen (10") and you might as well get a more functional Ultrabook with a decent size screen for probably less money. I could be wrong of course - I believed that Nixon didn't lie and I didn't think McDonalds could sell breakfast.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
A most humble thanks for the compliment. And yes, I still hold the door open for my gal.

I remember that touchscreen way back when. People were not ready for it. I recall the AutoPC in my car and it was ahead of its time BUT too small a sceen, too slow a processor, but thank god it was a decent GPS unit. AutoPC voice control.worked suprisingly well. Technology, for me, simply is. Still doesn't explain the torture of Cobol, yet luck sometimes does happen

Anywho, people today are more welcoming to a touchsceen tablet than way back when. MS' problem is they can't be cool or hip or trendy to save their life. Add to that some of their pr presentations were almost as bad as the recent Bentley event in Paris. Steve J knew to sell the mysticism and give something sexy and usable. He also knew to CONTROL the user experience to the point of controlling the apps, the music, etc. He grabbed customers by the ***** and squeezed...and made billions doing what MS would have had massive anti-competitive lawsuits way back when.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Anything sat and Bluetooth can be compromised. Scary thought. Love their lowering modules, fun tech. Every device I own is Apple. So you know I am kinda handicapped. But you GTC boys only need the basic wheel,exhaust, and ECU upgrades. I would'nt and can't fanthom a beautiful Miss B convertible looking too aggressive. Plus, what are the girls going to say?

Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
But you GTC boys only need the basic wheel,exhaust, and ECU upgrades.
I have been all ears regarding your enhancements to your GT even though I am reluctant to consider open heart surgery to my AppleB. I would still like to know what the possibilities there are to improve the car. Not to say that I can't be persuaded in the future. I did own a Lotus Super 7 for Christ sake. And I understand that if I did improve mine, I would enjoy a major advantage to your situation in that mine shifts faster than yours. On the record, I was disheartened when you decided not come to Houston TX for the major boost in HP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3WD: New RennTech V3.5 Digital Suspension Lowering Module