Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

help w/ new purchase 2012 CGT. good buy/options and color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
help w/ new purchase 2012 CGT. good buy/options and color?

kind of stumble on this CTG by accident while looking for another car but the price seems very fair so may just pick her up depending on what response I get from here. My first concern is with options. Bentley’s are pretty much like P cars when it comes to options so with so many possible variables what do you think about this car’s list? I love the Mulliner seats but is there any MUST HAVES that are not there?

Second concern is with the exterior color. My first choice has always been WHITE but I’ve notice the majority of CTG are blacks which I definitely don’t want. This one is MOROCCAN BLUE so good overall color, would future resale take a hit? My first thought is the color looks more on the feminine side for me but I haven’t seen it in person.

FINALLY and most importantly, what would you pay for it? 1 OWNER w/ 4KMI?

TIA

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Private sale or at a dealer? Nearly new car already for resale what gives?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Private. Moving on to something else

Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Good hunting.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Sorry. I'm not movin on to something else, seller is. I've tried scheduling a PPI on the car but the local Bentlet dealer doesn't do them for some reason....

Last edited by C4SxM5; 09-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
i see a dealer asking $178k.

http://bentleyboston.com/Vehicle_Det...hicleID/345225

The car you are asking about is basically new really. As for PPI, it is under warranty and assuming all work has been done (scheduled oil change, etc) you should be fine.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
thanks and the dealer is way off on that MSRP... I think base starts off at $180k or so.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
i see a dealer asking $178k.

http://bentleyboston.com/Vehicle_Det...hicleID/345225

The car you are asking about is basically new really. As for PPI, it is under warranty and assuming all work has been done (scheduled oil change, etc) you should be fine.
That MSRP is fantasyland. Smart price is descent. Do they think we are all stupid?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
That MSRP is fantasyland. Smart price is descent. Do they think we are all stupid?
I really think they do think that we are all stupid.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-24-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
i just grabbed a link from a really good dealer. Guess we should let the webmaster know he made a mistake. BTW, their service dept is excellent and the guys are really great. They let me hang out and watch (maybe help but don't tell anyone) plus they have Lambo and Rollers too. Always fun to visit and see the cars there.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
i just grabbed a link from a really good dealer. Guess we should let the webmaster know he made a mistake. BTW, their service dept is excellent and the guys are really great. They let me hang out and watch (maybe help but don't tell anyone) plus they have Lambo and Rollers too. Always fun to visit and see the cars there.
Why is the MSRP so overinflated?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
DrD, typo i bet or some other typical mistake that happens. Just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read online...unless i say it of course

Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
DrD, typo i bet or some other typical mistake that happens. Just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read online...unless i say it of course
Amen preacher!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Guys, does the 2012 Bentley seemed so much squared off and boxier. The front end and rear end seemed way too boxy. I like the older lines better, way more curves on a big girl. The new bodystyling kinda reminds me of a big girl wearing denim overalls. Just a though...,

Old 09-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Guys, does the 2012 Bentley seemed so much squared off and boxier. The front end and rear end seemed way too boxy.
Yup and said it here a few times about the new models being too 'disjointed' visually. The 'flow' of the original style works best imho.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help w/ new purchase 2012 CGT. good buy/options and color?