Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

The Case for Membership in the Rolls Royce Owners Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Debbie, my wife, is my opposite as well

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Which one is you in the picture?

I mentioned the club to my wife and she did not seem to enthused. Oh well she is my opposite so I could have guessed that.
Debbie, my wife, is my opposite as well. She is not the club type but she likes the RROC. We have only been to the Texas Region activities and have not gone to a national meet as of yet. However the national president lives in Houston is a great guy. If you have a regional organization that is close it would be worth checking out. If it is like Texas, you will find it to be much as it is with the crew on this forum.

The Houston group has a breakfast on the 2nd Saturday of the Month. There are some fantastic cars at the breakfast where we assemble in part of the parking lot.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
I told you - the handsome one.

Find my blue CGTC, sort of in the left middle behind the guy in the orange shirt. Then look to the left of the CGTC and find the guy with the dark blue shirt and cap - that is me, Girwisher. My wife in right in front of me.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I joined the club about a year ago when I was considering buying a RR. Great group of people. Not stuffy at all but very helpful. I was amazed on how friendly everyone was and gave me far more information than I could find anywhere else. Well worth the money spent!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I told you - the handsome one.

Find my blue CGTC, sort of in the left middle behind the guy in the orange shirt. Then look to the left of the CGTC and find the guy with the dark blue shirt and cap - that is me, Girwisher. My wife in right in front of me.

I'd love to take a big road trip and meet you and any others that would come from the forum.
That would be great!

Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Find your car??? It was the only one i could see, I love that color. I found you but i thought you wold be taller, being from Tx and all.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Find your car??? It was the only one i could see, I love that color. I found you but i thought you wold be taller, being from Tx and all.
I was much taller at one time. Took a wrong turn and wound up in TN where I shrank and never recovered.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I joined the club about a year ago when I was considering buying a RR. Great group of people. Not stuffy at all but very helpful. I was amazed on how friendly everyone was and gave me far more information than I could find anywhere else. Well worth the money spent!
What part of the country are you from?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I was much taller at one time. Took a wrong turn and wound up in TN where I shrank and never recovered.
I was in Texas for some time but only grew larger in one aspect.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
I went through Texas and saw that huge sign that said "Don't F with Texas" and I have been hiding out here in Cali ever since !

Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I have lived in California, Texas, Florida and Tennessee and have to tell you IMHO Ca. and Tx. are as far apart as it gets. Love them both but don't forget where you are and start talking out loud.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...Find my blue CGTC, sort of in the left middle behind the guy in the orange shirt. Then look to the left of the CGTC and find the guy with the dark blue shirt and cap - that is me, Girwisher. My wife in right in front of me.
Very nice color combo indeed. The car - not your dress .

I was interested to see the group was mainly men of a certain age. Do the young crowd (ahem, sub-50's) ever take part? I always think while the same age group is a comforting mix, a range of ages is always best to spark ideas up.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by kensilver
Very nice color combo indeed. The car - not your dress .

I was interested to see the group was mainly men of a certain age. Do the young crowd (ahem, sub-50's) ever take part? I always think while the same age group is a comforting mix, a range of ages is always best to spark ideas up.
To Kensilver and the rest of you. Sub 50's do take part. And the older ones are interesting as well. Don't count us Geezers out for having something to offer. It is, at least in Texas, a wonderful group of automobile enthusiast (especially Bentley and Rolls of course). Young and old a really good group of people. You at least owe it to yourself to keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of RROC. Don't ignore this possibility because of some preconceived notion, or your wife in the case of Dr. Disaster, of what this club is about.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Man, I know we are going to be the new Bentley Boys. Attitude, drivers at the wheel, rich ladies and gentlemen. We do have a very colorful and eccentric collection of drivers around the world. So much knowledge and info that we can share, plus count me in if there's a barbecue.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-14-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Man, I know we are going to be the new Bentley Boys. Attitude, drivers at the wheel, rich ladies and gentlemen. We do have a very colorful and eccentric collection of drivers around the world.
I detected that some of the group were not that rich or they weren't there to own expensive examples. One member I talked to bought a 1988 Rolls for $10,000 off an auction. And the rich ones don't flaunt their status.

So much knowledge and info that we can share
Just like on this forum.

count me in if there's a barbecue.
I will have to say, it will be some time before I forget that particular barbecue. All of the food was top rate.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...And the rich ones don't flaunt their status...)
So what's the point of being rich if not for status symbols?

One of my sons is well off, but you wouldn't know it. Apart from travel he spends nothing, just lets it accumulate. I've told him to buy a jet or a yacht, but he just hasn't got the urge. But he will battle for the dollar.

I know a lot of people like that.

Strange world.