Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2012 Bentley CGT with 30kmi? How much value you to deduct?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
2012 Bentley CGT with 30kmi? How much value you to deduct?

So i found another 2012 CGT (first one was a blue with 4kmi) but it has 30kmi. Everything else about the bentley is pretty much what I wanted so with the relatively high miles what would be the price deduction? The car is one of the first 2012 MY bentleys to hit the US,2/11/11, warranty started
4/11/11.

The first bentley I was looking at had 4kmi everything else pretty much the same and would have sold for around $165k.

With this one having 25kmi MORE than the first one would a $10k deduction be enough for the mileage? Again I the current bentley exterior color is my first choice not BLUE.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I believe it is more like $10K for 10K miles as a general rule.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Wow, someone really enjoyed that 2012 convertible. 30k in one year. I wish that was me. How many miles left on the warranty?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Dr.Disaster: so if i was willing to pay lets say $160K for a car with w/ 4KMI the car with 30KMI is worth $140K???

Wedgeduck: Bentley has NO mileage limit on their warranty. 3 years and UNLIMITED mileage

Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Bentley has NO mileage limit on their warranty. 3 years and UNLIMITED mileage
So drive it like you stole it during the first three years

Old 10-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
So drive it like you stole it during the first three years
Man, unlimited miles for three years. Bentley will really run out of money if Steven, The Doc and Ken gets a hold of a new one. Grwisher, there is no excuse now for you to drive around the country and visit everyone. a new one wouldn't be good for me. I would do to much mods to it and they would void my warranty.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:19 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Man, unlimited miles for three years. Bentley will really run out of money if Steven, The Doc and Ken gets a hold of a new one...
As much as I have a healthy respect for the speed and track talents of my two accomplices, I am as different to them as chalk and cheese. My cars are driven reverently and my policy is - as someone once wisely said: "Drive it as if you polished it!"

In fact, give me even a 30 year warranty, and my cars will then still look as if they had been cryogenically preserved at manufacture.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
As much as I have a healthy respect for the speed and track talents of my two accomplices, I am as different to them as chalk and cheese. My cars are driven reverently and my policy is - as someone once wisely said: "Drive it as if you polished it!"

In fact, give me even a 30 year warranty, and my cars will then still look as if they had been cryogenically preserved at manufacture.
Ken, I need you to sell me your used vehicles. I bet you have a lot great vehicles that are well kept through the years. Collectible classics perhaps?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, without a doubt you are the type of guy i ALWAYS want to buy a car from. Truly admire those who not only drive their automobile, they also pamper her with all the love she deserves.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Dr.Disaster: so if i was willing to pay lets say $160K for a car with w/ 4KMI the car with 30KMI is worth $140K???

Wedgeduck: Bentley has NO mileage limit on their warranty. 3 years and UNLIMITED mileage
I did hear that at the dealer where I bought my car. If you want to resale and keep more money then don't drive the car much at all.

The three year warranty and the drive it like you stole it will cost you some day. I am not a frequent trader so I drive when I want to and enjoy my car as I see fit if it costs me someday then so be it.

Ken I agree with you sort of. "Drive it as if you CAN polish it." My car is kept up very well and clean all the time come and see. Those pics I posted on the fall colors thread was when the car was dirty. I drive my car very reverently most of the time and then I throw the be-atch into a corner and ride her like a prostitute. I'll settle back down and smoother her home. Dr Jekle drives most of the time but Hyde is always there.

So you guys would love to buy Kens cars, what about mine.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:28 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...My car is kept up very well and clean all the time come and see. ...
So who cleans it for you, Jekyll or Hyde?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
So who cleans it for you, Jekyll or Hyde?
I really did LOL.

Confession There is another personality and he cleans the car. His name in Max ****. The owner of the dealership offered to have car washed after the tires were put on and i told him to his face that no one touches the car except me. I thanked him for the offer but firmly refused it.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I really did LOL.

Confession There is another personality and he cleans the car. His name in Max ****.

The owner of the dealership offered to have car washed after the tires were put on and i told him to his face that no one touches the car except me. I thanked him for the offer but firmly refused it.
I feel your pain and do the same. If you've ever stepped into the back room of a cleaning company you'd be shocked at the shoddy practices and shortcuts. Only the owner has his own best interests in mind.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 AM
The owner of the dealership offered to have car washed after the tires were put on and i told him to his face that no one touches the car except me. I thanked him for the offer but firmly refused it.
Same here and you are right of course about the back room.

i NEVER reuse (wash and reuse) a microfiber cloth. Once it is done, it is either used for 'lower end' jobs around the house (waxing/buffing the bathroom fixtures, etc) or simply thrown out.

FYI: Started my own business as a 13 year old of washing/waxing cars because it paid more than mowing lawns plus i got to clean neighbors sports cars. My reputation quickly grew as only used very fine products/etc and so did my customer base until i simply could not handle the qty of wanting customers. While most teens were sleeping until 11am on weekends, i was already done with first car (start at 7am) and working on second for the day. My drumset as a teen was a monster!!! LOL, still is

Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
I saw the back room and they kid was washing a Maserati with one of those long handled bristle brushes.

The owners Bentley GT was sitting right next to the wash bay and in the sun the swirl marks made the black car look grey. Worst ever paint damage on such a quality car. There are more reasons than miles to deduct price out of the purchase price of a car.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 11-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Bentley CGT with 30kmi? How much value you to deduct?