Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Baby baby, i going to leave you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I finally have come back to reality and cannot live a lie any longer. I guess I was lured into lying to all of you because I realized that compared to many of you I was a pathetic loser living vicariously in the shadow of others. I wasn't as cosmopolitan as EnjoytheMusic, not a man of the world like WedgeDuck, not as cool as KenSilver and not as rugged and pure of thought as Dr. Disaster (I consider him to be the James Bond of TN). No I have not been a wrestler or a homicide detective. No, I did not climb Mt. Everest in 1 day (I might have said that on another forum). I pretended to be those things because I just wanted to fit in with the group. Oh well, one less thing to feel guilty about.
We dub thee King Of the Humor Realm.

No ski Hole??????? GR you are hero to me.

Honestly I have had (and spoke of it) feelings of inadequacy in this group but as I am allowed to hang out I see we are all real people. I do respect all the members and hope I will earn theirs.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Honestly I have had (and spoke of it) feelings of inadequacy in this group but as I am allowed to hang out I see we are all real people. I do respect all the members and hope I will earn theirs.
Already earned IMHO.

If anyone has made major contributions in bringing out the weird in us, it is you Dr. Disaster and this has enhanced our ability to enjoy the forum also IMHO.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...No I have not been a wrestler or a homicide detective...
There's still time to do these things

I love the fact you had the imagination to dream up your alternative vision. So why didn't you keep it going? I was enjoying the ride.

The fact is it's easy to ramp up our better side and 'forget' our mistakes on the anonymous interweb. I'm guilty of doing that too here. Fact is - and I've gone public elsewhere on this fact so it's not really a confession - that one of my businesses failed over a couple of decades ago and put me in a dark hole for many years. It's a period I certainly wouldn't boast about, but the upside is that it's made me stronger, more focused, and yes, better looking

But who wants to know about our problems? Nobody. It's more fun admitting we're the coolest guys this side of Christmas when in fact we just have a little more money than someone else and decided to spend it somewhat unwisely on a hefty depreciating asset.

Yup, I've done a lot of bucket list stuff, but it always looks better on paper. For example, while I was flying choppers there wasn't one time when I actually enjoyed the whole flight. I was always thinking ahead to the inevitable crash if I didn't pull this lever or that in the proper way. That's the reason I gave it up after a paltry 60 hours... I just didn't have the right can-do attitude every pilot needs to fly these things properly.

In the last couple of hours I've just learned that I have the big C, curable fortunately, but unpleasant news nonetheless. Always thought I was bulletproof. It's that sort of news that puts this whole 'cool' thing into real perspective... it just doesn't matter in the big wide world.

GR, I've picked up enough about you from your writings to realize you're a great guy to know with a wicked sense of humor. And I've grown to enjoy your thoughts as well as from the others here too. That's all that matters.

Last edited by kensilver; 11-21-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kensilver
There's still time to do these things

I love the fact you had the imagination to dream up your alternative vision. So why didn't you keep it going? I was enjoying the ride.
I probably should have kept it going and augment it from time to time but it never occurred to me. I guess I overreacted when I suddenly realized that those crazy b@$t@rds may really believe me.

I guess I have been a habitual bull$h!ter for most of my life (always in fun). I didn't realize this until this year when I went to my 50th high school reunion and one of my classmates made a comment to my wife saying something to the effect that "you would be listening to Tom and all of a sudden realize that nothing he was saying was true". That is the same reunion that I told another classmate, who ran an animal shelter, of my aspirations to be a cat psychiatrist and offered her my services.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:51 AM
GR, I've picked up enough about you from your writings to realize you're a great guy to know with a wicked sense of humor. And I've grown to enjoy your thoughts as well as from the others here too. That's all that matters.
What a great Thanksgiving present, thanks. I actually thought I was annoying everyone. I guess I will just have to try harder.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 AM
The fact is it's easy to ramp up our better side and 'forget' our mistakes on the anonymous interweb. I'm guilty of doing that too here. Fact is - and I've gone public elsewhere on this fact so it's not really a confession - that one of my businesses failed over a couple of decades ago and put me in a dark hole for many years. It's a period I certainly wouldn't boast about, but the upside is that it's made me stronger, more focused, and yes, better looking

But who wants to know about our problems? Nobody. It's more fun admitting we're the coolest guys this side of Christmas when in fact we just have a little more money than someone else and decided to spend it somewhat unwisely on a hefty depreciating asset.

Yup, I've done a lot of bucket list stuff, but it always looks better on paper. For example, while I was flying choppers there wasn't one time when I actually enjoyed the whole flight. I was always thinking ahead to the inevitable crash if I didn't pull this lever or that in the proper way. That's the reason I gave it up after a paltry 60 hours... I just didn't have the right can-do attitude every pilot needs to fly these things properly.

In the last couple of hours I've just learned that I have the big C, curable fortunately, but unpleasant news nonetheless. Always thought I was bulletproof. It's that sort of news that puts this whole 'cool' thing into real perspective... it just doesn't matter in the big wide world.
Feeling bulletproof is natural for younger individuals. It is when you get up into your 50s and 60s that it becomes very apparent that it is only a matter of time before it is all over. Or that it reaches a new plateau or starts over or is nothing or etc. I have had a heart attack and was faced with the distinct possibility that my time had come. What made it a non-event for me was my attitude, which I developed over time in my 60s, which simply stated is "whatever happens, it will be my biggest adventure".

Good luck. I know you will do well. Remember I am the one who said you were cool.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:34 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Feeling bulletproof is natural for younger individuals. It is when you get up into your 50s and 60s that it becomes very apparent that it is only a matter of time before it is all over...
Live fast 'n' die young.

Over the years have lost various friends to racing, high risk sports, disease, etc. Ya know what I realized? I'd be damned if every 'bucket list' things to accomplish were left not completed. Each day is another oppertunity to truly LIVE LIFE and not just exist.

And remember.... Be excellent to eachother....
....and...
Party on dudes!

OMG I sooo dated myself there huh.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Feeling bulletproof is natural for younger individuals...
Well, since I'm only 4 years younger than you, I guess every year counts

Good luck. I know you will do well. Remember I am the one who said you were cool.
I've got a lot to live up to now!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Live fast 'n' die young...
That's what every rock star said, and now look at them. Watching Saturday Night Live last night with Mick Jagger and Foo Fighters reminded me that some ancient rockers should be cryogenically frozen at 30 to spare us the sight of them today.

Still rocking at 70 - erkk!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh yes, the Rolling Stones 'Steel Wheelchair' tour comes to mind.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
That's what every rock star said, and now look at them. Watching Saturday Night Live last night with Mick Jagger and Foo Fighters reminded me that some ancient rockers should be cryogenically frozen at 30 to spare us the sight of them today.

Isn't their guitarist the guy that looks like an anorexic Shap Pei dog? Yeah Keith Richards.

Ken hate to hear the C word best wishes mate.

Heck GR you had me going. Hey are you really a guy, I bet your a chick, and old fugly one.

Sorryu dude just more wierdness form

Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Isn't their guitarist the guy that looks like an anorexic Shap Pei dog? Yeah Keith Richards.

Ken hate to hear the C word best wishes mate.

Heck GR you had me going. Hey are you really a guy? I bet your a chick, and old fugly one at that.

Sorry dude just more weirdness from way out in left field.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Heck GR you had me going. Hey are you really a guy? I bet your a chick, and old fugly one at that.
Recent photo taken at my high school reunion. I am waiting for an apology.

Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Recent photo taken at my high school reunion. I am waiting for an apology.
You do have long and lovely eyelashes.