Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

has anyone did a fabspeed cat bypass with a custom exhaust ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
bentleylover007 is infamous around these parts
has anyone did a fabspeed cat bypass with a custom exhaust ??

hi i have a 05 gt and just got my hands on a fabspeed cat bypass h pipe , i currently have a rsc exhaust mufflers installed and think the sound is amazing but i would like the hp gain with the fab speed pipes , my question is would it be to loud ? also would it lose all back pressure since the rsc unit is very free flow ? and last would it have the smell of the emissions, if anyone has done this combo please post your pros and cons of this setup , thank you in advance for the help.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bentleylover007
hi i have a 05 gt and just got my hands on a fabspeed cat bypass h pipe , i currently have a rsc exhaust mufflers installed and think the sound is amazing but i would like the hp gain with the fab speed pipes , my question is would it be to loud ? also would it lose all back pressure since the rsc unit is very free flow ? and last would it have the smell of the emissions, if anyone has done this combo please post your pros and cons of this setup , thank you in advance for the help.
No smell. The Fabspeed will do just fine with your rsc mufflers. It will add more to the sound and actually give you some extra HP and torque. Do you know the real down pipes are above the Fabspeed "down pipes"? I am having my whole exhaust reworked with DeltaVTechnologies. 3" pipes from top to bottom. I have the Fabspeed system on mines with custom mufflers. They run just fine. With my free flowing mufflers, sounds more exotic than the Maserratis. Plus you get to get rid of all that weight from the OEM system.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I am waiting for Wedgeduck to get it together and then ride some coat tail.

I have the Fabspeed secondary bypass pipes but with stock mufflers and could use a little more sound. They are working on a new downtube to fit the 08 exhaust system for me. If you are worried about back pressure that much get the ECU flash from them and have it all.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 11-14-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I am waiting for Wedgeduck to get it together and then ride some coat tail.

I have the Fabspeed secondary bypass pipes but with stock mufflers and could use a little more sound. They are working on a new downtube to fit the 08 exhaust system for me. If you are worried about back pressure that much get the ECU flash from them and have it all.
Yep, hang in there. Some interesting times coming for Bentley owners.