Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My Third GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
My Third GTC

I just traded in my 2010 GTC Speed on a 2013 GTC V8 and honestly don't feel or hear any difference but love the new controls and other improvements. Plus, the new color ("Gazelle") is a knockout.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Very nice and beautiful color indeed. Enjoy :-)

Old 12-02-2012, 12:37 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Awesome car and color combination I agree!! Congrats!!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Outstanding!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
The paint is something to behold in person and pics just don't capture the depth and beauty of the paint and color. In the 5 minutes I was getting shown some of the new electronics by my salesman, two people approached the car to ask, "What color is this? I'm not usually a fan of brown but this color is fantastic!" and the other said, "I'm buying that car" (good luck with that, mister!)

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Nice.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Very distinctive!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I haven't seen a Bentley color I didn't like. They just have a knack for making every color look superb, including this one!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 AM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Very nice color combo!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I believe the in person difference on the paint but the interior is dead stunning even in pictures. That car ranks right up there, for me.

Can you not feel the new faster tranny and tighter gear ratios? If I have none complaint about my 07 medel is that is a little slow to shift especially gears 2-3.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I test drove a 10' GT speed followed by a 12' GT coupe. I thought the speed was not any faster then the new model, but lacked in many areas. Seeing them next to each other, is the biggest difference. And then the interior (seats and infotainment) is a much needed improvement.
Just was not the car for me though.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I believe the in person difference on the paint but the interior is dead stunning even in pictures. That car ranks right up there, for me.
Three things make this a stunning automobile.

First, as you said, the interior color combination is first rate. Second, the exterior color is like an extension of the interior, highly complementary which is more noticeable in a GTC (top down) than a GT. Third (and this one if highly subjective so if you don't think it is valid I won't be offended) is a very subtle quality and that is the shade of the exterior color. There are certain color shades that make the lines of the car stand out slightly better and reveal the Continental more as a sculpture as well as a machine.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
This car really is beautiful. From interior to exterior, the color combos compliment one another. My only gripe about the newer bodystyling is that they look too boxy. I think I will be getting chewed out for that comment.:

Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
This car really is beautiful. From interior to exterior, the color combos compliment one another. My only gripe about the newer bodystyling is that they look too boxy. I think I will be getting chewed out for that comment.:
Even though I own the newer body style I would have to say that there is validity to what you say. At first I was more in favor of your view but as time has marched on I have become more favorable toward the newer style. It reminds me of a time when I had just bought a 1982 SL and I remarked to a friend that I thought the style was timeless. He replied "style is a curious thing". Over the years that comment has proven to be true many times.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
If I could trade my 07 straight across for a 2013 I could get used to the new lines. I could make a case for preferring either, just in how you look at it. Neither is ugly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Third GTC