Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help on CGT color combination choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Help on CGT color combination choice?

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

I am going to put the deposit for the 2013 CGT next week so it is time to think about the color combination.

I’ve been to the showroom recently; the only one non-black CGT/GTC/V8 left in my local dealer is silverlake CGT. Due to the high tax in HK, I might just pick one from the basic 17 colors. Moonbeam (or maybe Granite) seems the best option so far at this moment. (too many black or dark Bentley in my neighborhood) However, not seeing it in person, I am not sure is it good or not. So what is everyone thoughts on this?

Regarding the interior, the silverlake in the showroom come with saffron as the main hide and imperial blue as the second. Others are either black or linen. I would like to make the combination like Portland/Imperial Blue, Portland/Burnt Oak, Linen/ Imperial Blue, or Linen/ Burnt Oak. Again, not seeing it in person, I am not sure which combination looks good.

By the way, what’s the 2010 Paris show car color combination? Is it the Extreme Silver with Portland/Burnt Oak?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I've owned two GTCs with saffron and one with linen. My first car was Silverlake with saffron and Nautical blue, a color they don't seem to be offering anymore. It was really a gorgeous shade of blue, not quite as dark as Imperial. The veneer was ash burl and it all went together fantastically. See for yourself:

My GTC Speed was Ghost White Pearl with Linen & Beluga, with birdseye maple. Very elegant:

My current GTC is Gazelle paint with Saffron and Newmarket Tan, with chestnut burl:

I've seen Portland in person and found it dull and drab, but taste is a personal thing so go with your gut and don't let others' opinions trump your own.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Ask GR about ordering a car then changing his mind at the last second.

I am sorry I could not tell you what you will love. Do not settle for like push for gut wrenching overwhelming lust. If you see the car colors for you, you will know it beyond certainty.

What Bentley needs os one of those computer programs that will virtually build a car from the available options for us to the better visualize a car. These are not like the Ford dealers that have a dozen models of each car on the lot.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 01-02-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Another Honger...hello!

Bentley do have a visuliser of the most common 18 combos. Picture quality is pretty good so have a look and have fun!

http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/...gt/visualiser/

Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thanks JC 333 I am not surprised to find that i am still ignorant.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Of coz not as each country site is different from another and the link is pretty small I nearly missed it.

Another option for OP could be to visit the service centre and ask if you can have a look around. I'm sure for the amount of money your spending they can bend over for you.

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Thanks JC 333 I am not surprised to find that i am still ignorant.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pratas
Again, not seeing it in person, I am not sure which combination looks good.
This is the key statement. Since Bentleys are so customizable it is very difficult to configure one and be assured that you are going to like what you order.

I won't go into my experiences again but I will submit an alternative view based on them. I have come to the conclusion, at least in my case, that ordering a Bentley is like building a custom home. By the time you go through the time and aggravation, you will probably find one that you like just as well or better than the one you configured.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
This is the key statement. Since Bentleys are so customizable it is very difficult to configure one and be assured that you are going to like what you order.

I won't go into my experiences again but I will submit an alternative view based on them. I have come to the conclusion, at least in my case, that ordering a Bentley is like building a custom home. By the time you go through the time and aggravation, you will probably find one that you like just as well or better than the one you configured.
True but you know you got the right car for you. You just feel it and there were no regrets, correct?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I say whatever color combo you pick will be great as you cannot go wrong with a B car.

It helps if you dont drool over other color options once you have placed your order but its human nature to be curious all the time. As the Brit saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat" which in this case would be mean buying another B car to satisfy your desires.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
True but you know you got the right car for you. You just feel it and there were no regrets, correct?
None whatsoever! It is something I enjoy everyday even if all I do is gaze at her.

Now, I have to admit that I don't have the kind of imagination that can visualize what I am going to like. Some do, like Iamcarnuts, but some of us don't and usually we are the ones who get a severe case of buyer's remorse and become suicidal.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
What Bentley needs os one of those computer programs that will virtually build a car from the available options for us to the better visualize a car. These are not like the Ford dealers that have a dozen models of each car on the lot.
FYI - Bentley has a very good visualizer and I have spent countless hours using it configurating a GTC. For me, there is nothing like seeing the car in person. It is not a matter of life and death - it is more important than that!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Do not settle for like push for gut wrenching overwhelming lust. If you see the car colors for you, you will know it beyond certainty.
Well said! It looks like you have finally cleaned up your act. You use to reference that pud thing.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by jc_333
I say whatever color combo you pick will be great as you cannot go wrong with a B car.
I think it depends on the individual's attitude. For some of us, picking out a car, especially a Bentley, is a life defining moment. And I have seen some pretty garish combinations where I think whoever configured them was trying to be 'over the top unique'.

I have seen only one Bentley Continental that answered the advice of our illustrious Dr. Disaster who said "Do not settle for like, push for gut wrenching overwhelming lust. If you see the car colors for you, you will know it beyond certainty."

It is "beyond certainty" that some of us demand and will not settle, ever! Of course we are the crazy ones.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Well said! It looks like you have finally cleaned up your act. You use to reference that pud thing.
Meet the new and improved Dr. No more low brow earthy vulgarities or argumentative spirit. This is my New years Resolution, wish me luck. I am considering a new screen name any suggestions?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Meet the new and improved Dr. No more low brow earthy vulgarities or argumentative spirit. This is my New years Resolution, wish me luck.
Who are you and what have you done with the good Doctor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help on CGT color combination choice?