Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

The right combination or “I can’t get no satisfaction”

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Am I the only one on this forum who answers GR's question? Thanks for the nice comments but don't leave me hanging here: let's see what you guys ride when you're not in your Bentley.
2000 BMW 740ilp(armored), 2010 Audi A4 Avant(for grocery getting) 2004 Audi A4 Avant(for light snowboarding and local beach activities)2007 Toyota Sequioa Limited(for heavy snow and camp trips), a few Ducatis just for joy rides. A handful of collectable cars and motorcycles that I collect, but don't ride or drive, or chose not to post.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Am I the only one on this forum who answers GR's question? Thanks for the nice comments but don't leave me hanging here: let's see what you guys ride when you're not in your Bentley.
We wouldn't want to get GR's hopes up by answering him directly.

As for rides, over the last week I've been driving a high-end Jag sedan and a mid-level Lexus sedan. At the moment a new Porsche Cayenne is sitting in my drive. All loan cars while I wait to have my own cars corrected in some way or another. And as I mentioned, maybe an SLS Roadster next month - which I'm really hanging out for!

The rest are in my sig.

Last edited by kensilver; 01-08-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added 6 important words.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
2000 BMW 740ilp(armored)...
So, tough neighborhood then? (Old joke)

Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
So, tough neighborhood then? (Old joke)
Check out the murder and crime rates in my hood! Miss you Ken. How is that 2012 of yours holding up? Can we get pics of you scaring the hell of out everybody? I gotta save, so tempted to jump on our 2013 bandwagon. I love the tech and new body styling also. Gotta change it a little if you know what I mean. But damm it! You , Sanibel and GR got to let us know. How do these new breeds drive? Please! A drive at the dealership was not enough to convince me.oh, my bad, imcarnut too. Don't care if Doc gets mad at me, the new styling still looks too boxy! Got that off my chest.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 01-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
let's see what you guys ride when you're not in your Bentley.
My Cayenne Turbo

My GT2

Wife's Turbo S - Traded on the Bentley

Traded on the GT2. I do miss this one.

No pics on computer of wife's Cayenne.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My Cayenne Turbo

My GT2

I love Porches. Gotta take a few pics. You guys are horrible!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
My Cayenne Turbo

My GT2

You traded a 458 for a GT2? That's pretty hardcore.
Very nice stable! You do live up to your name.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
...Miss you Ken. How is that 2012 of yours holding up? Can we get pics of you scaring the hell of out everybody?
I can scare them off without even starting the engine. One look at the gleamy shine and they all scamper to the hills.

...You , Sanibel and GR got to let us know. How do these new breeds drive? Please! A drive at the dealership was not enough to convince me.oh, my bad, imcarnut too. Don't care if Doc gets mad at me, the new styling still looks too boxy! Got that off my chest.
OK, well, I've just stepped out of the Cayenne quivering with shock. That stylish SUV is a denture breaker! It rides like a 911, rough and unforgiving, even on the highway. It has a whiny diesel. The seats are unadjustable to my body. Finish is nice, and it looks good, but that's not enough.

So that sets the scene for the CGT. Each time I get back into the B after driving another car, it's like a deep bliss settles over me. This car is quiet, smooth and rides better than anything else I've driven. Not to say it's perfect - the 21"s still acknowledge sharp bumps. But the overriding sense is a beautifully put-together package that isolates you from the world. Once I put the window down, but quickly closed it again as the noise from the traffic was deafening. Easy to get used to the new benchmark.

The other noticeable part of the drive is the handling. It steers like a lightweight. It's nimble on sharp corners (our private road has a couple of hairpins). And on the highway it settles down to an easy straightline drive, unlike the Cayenne for example, which I found needs constant small steering input adjustments to keep it honest.

Power is deceptive. If you press firmly on the go pedal without connecting the kickdown, it picks up quickly and without fuss, but you break the law in just a few seconds whatever speed you travel. And when you use the full throttle, well, let's just say Dr D doesn't have a show in hail of keeping up.

There is nothing I dislike about this car. Nothing. All other cars are compromises... maybe they look good so I put up with the build quality niggles, or maybe a hard ride can be tolerated by rapid acceleration. But there are no such excuses for this one. It's a keeper! (Or until the next one comes out with heads-up nav

Last edited by kensilver; 01-09-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Still learning to spell
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM
My Cayenne Turbo
My GT2
Niiice! I drove a GT2 on a Porsche World Day a couple years back. Even won the slalom trophy in a Cayman. Love the shape and driving ability of most Porsches but you gotta have decent roads to run them. Our city is roughish and bumpy, so when I was looking to buy a 911 a while back I really had to pass on it. I look for comfort first, performance next. But when the roads are smooth... who knows!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I feel similar to Ken in my old 07 I am sure I would love the new one. Now as the keeping up?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...Now as the keeping up?
Well, you'll have me at the corners. I can't go round any corner without worrying about how much wear I'm shaving off the tires, so I drive like an old man. Inbuilt. Bit like the Queen of England... she still goes round the palace turning off unnecessary lights even though she can afford them.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kensilver
And as I mentioned, maybe an SLS Roadster next month - which I'm really hanging out for!
I know someone who owned an SLS for a few months and traded in on SL63 AMG. A reason he traded in was because of the harsh ride. I don't know myself because I have never ridden in one. If you like the boulevard ride of the SL, you may not have that same experience in the SLS.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
But damm it! You , Sanibel and GR got to let us know. How do these new breeds drive? Please! A drive at the dealership was not enough to convince me.oh, my bad, imcarnut too. Don't care if Doc gets mad at me, the new styling still looks too boxy! Got that off my chest.
I don't know about the ride because I don't have much experience with the pre 2012 GT'. KenSilver would know because he has had both styles. As far as the new styling goes, I could make the case for either one after being with the GT and now the GTC.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
You , Sanibel and GR got to let us know. How do these new breeds drive? Please!
The most nimble and fastest accelerating car I've ever owned was my R8 V10 Spyder. It's not in the class of a 458, though, but quite a lot of car for a 'mere' $190K. Mine had the old school, gated 6-speed manual which was just a blast to row through the gears.

But for gentlemanly oomph, there's nothing quite like the torque of the CGTC. I once accelerated from 80 to 120 in just a few seconds and was surprised at how fast I was going because it just felt so solid and planted. I'm on my third CGTC in 5 years so I guess you know by now that I'm sold on this car and have not gotten tired of its design in the 10 years the CGT has been around. I can't say that about many cars.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
You traded a 458 for a GT2? That's pretty hardcore.
Very nice stable! You do live up to your name.
Actually sold the 458 and replaced with the GT2. As far as garage space goes - I traded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The right combination or “I can’t get no satisfaction”