Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Spotted another GT in HK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Spotted another GT in HK

Stuck in traffic and spotted this in the other lane.

I think those are 22" but OZ rims on Bentley?

Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I see GTs in Miami all the time. Are they so uncommon in HK? I see Ferraris, Astons, & Masers all the time, too, plus the occasional Lambo.
On the west coast of FL where I also spend time, these cars are very rare. I see more exotics in Miami in a single day than I did in 7 years of living on Sanibel Island.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
All of the exotic cars are rare here. I passed a FS on the highway the other day and was shocked to see one, first time ever. I waved and smiled at the elderly couple with the wife at the wheel as i went by and then hammered the gas to see if I could get her to race.

BTW the salesman at my dealer asked me to talk to a prospective customer interested in GT and answer any questions that he might have. He was undecided between a Bentley GT and Nissan GTR?????? What a choice?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Must be nice, love to see the exotic cars in Miami, So. Cali, etc. Sadly, 'round these here parts i am pretty much the only exotic.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 AM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
HK probably has every type of supercar you imagine. Bentley are popular here and you see quite a few on the road so took a photo of this one was i was stuck in traffic and bored.

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I see GTs in Miami all the time. Are they so uncommon in HK? I see Ferraris, Astons, & Masers all the time, too, plus the occasional Lambo.
On the west coast of FL where I also spend time, these cars are very rare. I see more exotics in Miami in a single day than I did in 7 years of living on Sanibel Island.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
In the space of an hour this morning I saw two FS, one Audi R8 and one really pretty Aston Martin DB9 Volante. This afternoon saw another Audi R8, this one a Spyder. And this is just in one suburb of Miami, Coral Gables. Were I to cruise over to South Beach, exotic cars are everywhere.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Must be nice, love to see the exotic cars in Miami, So. Cali, etc. Sadly, 'round these here parts i am pretty much the only exotic.
Steven,you and the DOC get alot of love around your town. With us we have to keeping buying her jewelry to make her feel "extra special".

Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Every girl is special

Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
ccwboy is infamous around these parts
it look tune the higher level ?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Well, I don't see as many exotics in my small city, but heard the most distressing news yesterday - my dealership are selling another CGT, EXACTLY the same year, color and Mulliner specs as mine.

I was about to ask for my money back on mine because, what if the future owner was a really stinky driver? Then every time I went out I'd get abused by the driving public, in error of course. Conversely, they would get waves and smiles because they would be mistaken for me

Alternatively, I could do something that completely differentiates mine from theirs... like a carbon hood, or chrome the wheels. Or maybe it would be cheaper to suggest that idea for them

What happens if we accidentally arrive at the lights together? Like wearing the same dress to a prom. Do we wave at each or give the cold shoulder?

I'll have nightmares tonight!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Ken, think of it this way: Now you can drive like a complete a$$hole and blame the other guy!

When I had my Ghost White GTC Speed, I was coming out of a supermarket and noticed a very old man trying to open my trunk (boot) to put away his groceries. I figured he was really confused and asked if I could help him. He said his car looked exactly like mine (yeah, sure: on the SW Florida coast where I live there are very few exotics so I figured he was just senile), and as he walked away he mentioned that his was also Ghost White Pearl. Only then did I take him seriously and looked around to help him find his car which, it turns out, was parked two or three lanes over and parked in the same direction as mine. Boy, was I ever wrong about him!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Ken I am not sure how concerned/irritated you are to see a clone on the lot? With this level of car I would consider it poor form for the dealer to sell Bentleys like that. I mean heck who is going to argue with the Ford dealer for selling to many white trucks?

These are not cookie cutter cars and our dealers should work hard to keep the ownership a special experience. What if Rembrandt painted 17 Mona Lisa's???????

Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Ken, think of it this way: Now you can drive like a complete a$$hole and blame the other guy!...
Yup, all I need is tinted windows all round and no-one will ever know

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Ken I am not sure how concerned/irritated you are to see a clone on the lot? With this level of car I would consider it poor form for the dealer to sell Bentleys like that. I mean heck who is going to argue with the Ford dealer for selling to many white trucks?

These are not cookie cutter cars and our dealers should work hard to keep the ownership a special experience. What if Rembrandt painted 17 Mona Lisa's???????
I've sadly wasted everyone's time on this - turns out it was my own car they haven't taken down from the site yet. The confusion initially was that they had the wrong mileage on the ad, and also I'd heard a few days earlier from another dealer that there was one in my color sold in the area. I put 2 + 2 together and came up with M=EC2. Wrong!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Ken you are to much!

Most common vehicle in my area is the pickup truck.