Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Why do the rich treat their cars so badly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
...Look, the track was around 55F and damp with ongoing light rains and was hard braking into a sharp turn...
So you hit the bank just like doc did

Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Lol

Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kensilver
So you hit the bank just like doc did
Dear Mr. Silver I regret to inform you(NOT) that we will laugh like hell when you get your "character mark" on your new fancy car from driving like the new speed demon that you have become. I read all your posts.

I almost curbed the wheel on my wife's new Audi A7 this weekend. Every one of my machines have a few character marks on them.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 02-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
... Every one of my machines have a few character marks on them.
Every car that gets driven get these.

I applaud those 'oblivious' rich for actually driving their cars, instead of buying them just to look at in their garage.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 AM
tdott is infamous around these parts
Usually because they don't have the time, also sometimes because they don't plan to keep it forever and will just trade it in when time comes.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I guess there are many reasons to buy a car and since they use their money they get to treat them as they wish. I still think is is disrespectful to willingly trash a car but if it's your money then my opinion does not matter.

I really like my car and enjoy driving it so i do accept there will be miles and small use damage that will cause it to depreciate faster but that is how I choose to spend my money. I would have to ask if some respect their own money but wether they do or not is still not my business.

Steven do you remember the musicians that trashed that Maybach? I guess I was guilty of judging them.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tdott
Usually because they don't have the time, also sometimes because they don't plan to keep it forever and will just trade it in when time comes.
i hear one guy on this board (not me!) traded his 'old' Bentley for a newer one because the ashtray was full

C'mon, speak up you who made that comment. i double dog dare you

PS: It was funny 'watching' the online Ferrari guys cringe as i posted about me drilling holes in the hood of the car. Hey now, she needed electrical cutoff and a Halon system.

Agree that just 'trashing' a car is wrong, yet USING the car is another matter. Some play within the design parameters, other play at the edges... and still others want to not just find the edges of performance but perhaps try to go above it per se. Besides, the fact is these ARE NOT rare/important cars really (i mean really rare and VERY important historic/etc), which i FULLY AGREE fall under another set of 'rules' imho.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 02-26-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Dear Mr. Silver I regret to inform you(NOT) that we will laugh like hell when you get your "character mark" on your new fancy car from driving like the new speed demon that you have become. I read all your posts....
Cruel and unjust, Doc, to laugh while a grown man blubs like a baby when the flyspot won't come off. But rest assured, it WILL NEVER HAPPEN on my watch. At least on our road anyway. I walk this private road every day as part of my life rejuvenation regime, and kick all the pesky little stones off the seal as I go. So this quarter mile is OK - it's the big wide world out there that worries me

Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Steven do you remember the musicians that trashed that Maybach? I guess I was guilty of judging them.
How about the guy who keeps 'totaling' his McLaren F1? Mr Bean...

Look, i truly do understand the idea of keeping things pristine; hey i got a DA buffer, top line Meguiar’s stuff, etc and love her often to a deep shine. Yet the reality here at my location makes that really impossible during the winter months. Do what i can, sure, to keep her great and sometimes spend an entire day clay bar, then buff out the small scratches with the orange pad and 205/105... Then Tech Wax 2.0... Still, long ago i faced the fact no car, truck, race car i drive will be 'perfect'. So just give in and go with it.

Know Thyself

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-03-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Cruel and unjust, Doc, to laugh while a grown man blubs like a baby when the flyspot won't come off. But rest assured, it WILL NEVER HAPPEN on my watch. At least on our road anyway. I walk this private road every day as part of my life rejuvenation regime, and kick all the pesky little stones off the seal as I go. So this quarter mile is OK - it's the big wide world out there that worries me
Yes we can joke about a scratch but when it happens it ain't never funny.

I used a weed eater and chain saw to clear the edged of our county road last year. I'm thinking Roundup spray this year.

I wanted to drive today but the roads are damp.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
I hate scratches and have learn to live with it. When you put in miles. Crap always happens. And I used to be stressed out over this. Flawless is really hard to keep if you drive Miss B alot.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 AM
^^^ <applause> ^^^

Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I hate scratches and have learn to live with it. When you put in miles. Crap always happens. And I used to be stressed out over this. Flawless is really hard to keep if you drive Miss B alot.
My previous bodyshop guy owned a Ferrari, and was so paranoid about getting it stone chipped that he sold it. Now that's crazy - he had all the skill in the world to fix it!

Old 03-02-2013, 12:36 AM
niidawg3 has a spectacular aura aboutniidawg3 has a spectacular aura aboutniidawg3 has a spectacular aura about
LOL - that IS crazy.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:56 AM
What ever happened to "drive it like you stole it"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do the rich treat their cars so badly?