Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

[PICS] Meet the 3 fastest Bentleys in the world

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up [PICS] Meet the 3 fastest Bentleys in the world

I went to this event last weekend where I got to drive the Bentley Continental GT V8 and Bentley Continental GT Speed (W12) cars up to Blenheim Palace and back:

The three fastest Bentleys in the world are touring the UK and they’re approaching fast.

If you're in the right place at the right time, you'll see the Bentley Speed 8, the actual Sebring 24 hours winning car and sister car to the 2003 Le Mans winner, the only Bentley GT3 concept car in existence that heralds Bentley's return to Motorsport and the latest Bentley Continental GT Speed, the fastest production Bentley ever. Better still, you'll be close enough to touch them.

These three awesome cars are due to be at Bentley Pangbournes open viewing event from the 12th March. This is your chance to see them in the flesh and get behind the wheel of the Continental GT Speed yourself.
A truly fantastic day and we were thoroughly spoilt by Bentley in Pangbourne. They even arranged for a private tour of the Duke of Marlborough’s Private Apartments!

The V8 sounded great with it's sports exhaust and the W12 sounded even better (especially on the overrun in my opinion). Fantastic machines that I encourage those that can to go and try out!

Here are some of my pictures from the day:

A huge thankyou to Claus and the rest of the Bentley in Pangbourne team for a wonderful day out!!

Attached Images                             

Last edited by Alex_997TT; 03-19-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Lovely! Thanks for posting these great pics!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Lovely! Thanks for posting these great pics!
Most welcome Steven, glad you enjoyed them!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Really enjoyed the pics!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Me likes.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
chinaleeexports is infamous around these partschinaleeexports is infamous around these parts
Well done! What a rare treat so much to see and appreciate.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I wonder did that GT3 have a motor in in yet? last i heard they had not decided on the power plant.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Just put the Speed 8 on my wishlist.

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to share them with us!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I wonder did that GT3 have a motor in in yet? last i heard they had not decided on the power plant.
I'll speculate that if it didn't, that suspension has one hell of a rebound stiffness setting...

(Or there was a big block of something stuffed in the engine bay)

Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 AM
Wedgeduck is infamous around these parts
Pics are awesome,

Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Wow, just saw that thread. That was fantastic. Wish I was there, even though (must resist politics) gun controerrrrrrrrr

Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Curious for you UK Bentley guys, are Bentleys comparatively cheaper than here in the US? Me thinks for shipping and taxes Bentleys cost more here.