Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

To do or not to do: LEATHERIQUE the leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
sonicd0012 is infamous around these parts
To do or not to do: LEATHERIQUE the leather

I have an 05 GT with no leather issues. The leather is nice and perfect looking now. I just applied Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner until I read about Leatherique and its properties. But this is an 05 and I would like to obviously upkeep it as perfect as possible and some preventative maintanance is not a bad idea so my question is:

Should LEATHERIQUE it? Will I cause damage?

My concern is Meguiars probably is garbage and does no good like Leatherique but I dont want to cause any issues to the leather now either.

Last edited by sonicd0012; 04-01-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Leatherique is all i use, works great.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:11 PM
sonicd0012 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Leatherique is all i use, works great.
Will it make everything shiny and glossy? Does it leave a smell?
Should i do it since its never been applied before?
Should i do the roof, rear seats, front dash too?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonicd0012
Will it make everything shiny and glossy?
Only during application/setting, after a few days the leather is normal.

Does it leave a smell?
Yes. but not strong. Smells like.... leather once all is said and done.

Should i do it since its never been applied before?
Sure, as long as you want your leather to be soft and supple, etc.

Should i do the roof, rear seats, front dash too?
I do ALL leather in the car with it.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Digger11 is infamous around these parts
I used the prestine clean and the other one on my 2004 CGT. Couldnt say it made much of a difference, but the car was immaculately looked after by the previous owner ( hand washed weekly etc.) so I assume the leather was alrady well cleaned and nourished.
I read somewhere that the interior is either wood or leather, so if it aint wood you can leatherique it.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I purchased the Leatherique system and have not had the time nor the weather to do it yet. I did a small test area on the passenger seat and there were no ill effects. I have used the Ziano two step system for a year and like it also. They both end up smelling like leather. As soon as we get some warm weather I'm slathering her down.

I was told by a professional detailer that Meguiars is not gold class in any way.

BTW I love the Adams detailer for the exterior.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 AM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
I leatherique the whole interior without any problems. I use a small sponge to apply to go over everything and let it sit for a day. The leatherique should have soaked in completely so just wipe down with a micro cloth to finish off.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jc_333
I leatherique the whole interior without any problems. I use a small sponge to apply to go over everything and let it sit for a day. The leatherique should have soaked in completely so just wipe down with a micro cloth to finish off.
You don't use the Pristine Clean as the directions call for? I to have thought it was backwards to use the conditioning agent then the cleaner to strip it back out??????

Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
See directions at www.autogeek.net/leatherique--rejuvenator-oil-prestine-clean-instructions.html

Basically, apply the OIL on a warm/hot day. Let is soak in for a day or three. Then use the CLEANER.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 AM
So when jc33 uses the product which one is he applying?

Steven I do understand the directions and still say the system is quite different from most in that the cleaner is used last.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Dr. D, the system seems normal to me though have been using it for many, many years. Dry leather needs 'natural' oils.... said oils appease the Leather Gods and they thus reward you with supple and durable material. This oil ALSO helps to 'force out' contaminants.

The cleaner just helps to remove excess oil whilst also removing dirt/etc that was stuck in the leather material and now drawn out.

The oil only needs to be used once a year, whereas the cleaner maybe 3 times a year or so depending on how dirty things get. The result from their system is excellent!!!

BTW while at the dealership a few weeks back did a comparo to my old 06 GT seats versus others in the showroom. Came away knowing Leatherique kicks **** You really should use it.

PS: It is also EXCELLENT on leather jackets, Hartman / LV luggage, etc. Leatherique says their stuff is also good for plastic such as weather stripping, yet prefer 303 Protectant for that. Plan to use 303's Fabric Guard and Top Cleaner on the GTC's fabric top once the outside temps come up in a few weeks. www.autogeek.net/303-fabric-combo.html

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
I understand the system but others clean first then apply a conditioner. The Leatherique conditions first then cleans excess. No worries I and going to use it but i am wanting the weather to warm a bit so the oil can penetrate better.

Roger that about the other leather applications. I have a set of FXRG pants and jacket that I will be treating also.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
I use the prestine clean if the leather is clean and rejuvenator for heavy cleaning which is not often, say once a year.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
So when jc33 uses the product which one is he applying?

Steven I do understand the directions and still say the system is quite different from most in that the cleaner is used last.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333
I use the prestine clean if the leather is clean and rejuvenator for heavy cleaning which is not often, say once a year.

Hope that helps.
I understand thanks, not that you had to answer to me.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I must answer as I don't wanna get shot by you! Haha

It is good stuff as I use it on everything that is leather even my wallet. You could use it on your gun holster too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To do or not to do: LEATHERIQUE the leather