Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2010 Bentley Continental Supersports 2+0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
2010 Bentley Continental Supersports 2+0

I've restrained myself from going over to look at the car in person, for fear of what might result

http://www.britishmotorexotics.com/2...CA/vd/14232801

Other than having two owners, the condition and pricing seems reasonable. Grey isn't my first choice in colors, but I'd welcome any comments or incentives to induce me to make the drive across the bay to look at it in person

Any help appreciated!

Last edited by DonL; 04-17-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DonL
I've restrained myself from going over to look at the car in person, for fear on what might result

http://www.britishmotorexotics.com/2...CA/vd/14232801

Other than having two owners, the condition and pricing seems reasonable. Grey isn't my first choice in colors, but I'd welcome any comments or incentives to induce me to make the drive across the bay to look at it in person

Any help appreciated!
Not sure what your budget is, but these are the types things I considered when purchasing my Supersports:

1. This car being a 2010 model is most likely out of warranty, so you will either shell out $4K/yearr for extended warranty or will pay out of pocket for every little thing that goes wrong. It's still possible to find 2011 or even 2012 cars that have the remainder of factory warranty.

2. Mileage is sort of high (higher than 90% of 2-3 yr old Supersports out there). Then again, if you get the extended warranty, you won't care.

3. If you definitely want a Supersports (and I dont blame you, as it is absolutely awesome), you may consider looking at one with a "Comfort Seat" option. This gives you regular front and rear seats (same as installed in GT Speed). A 4-seater is a lot more practical - if you are 6ft tall or under, you can have adults riding in the back for a few hours with reasonable comfort. Also, "regular" front seats are a lot more comfortable than manually adjustable carbon fiber shells that 2+0 comes with.

By the way, if you want to see something incredible, take a look at what Bentley of Long Island emailed me today: http://www.bentleylongisland.com/201...-isr-c-677.htm

What a beauty! I personally would never drive a car with red rims, but the ISR car is just incredible to look at. And there only 100 of them in the whole world.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
ek1 - Thanks for your feedback! I do appreciate your comments and insight. Rep points gladly given!

The ISR car is indeed special, but I hate to think of what the one off Zagato that the SF dealer has in stock would be worth...once I realized what it was, I knew it was indeed outside of my "budget"

http colon //www.britishmotorexotics.com/2008-Bentley-Continental-GT-Zagato-San-Francisco-CA/vd/3628051

BTW, I'm over six feet tall, and the 2+0 saves on bridge tolls here, as we can use the carpool lanes, it being a two seater, same as the Vantage

Last edited by DonL; 04-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I saw that car but what is a Bentley Zagato?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I saw that car but what is a Bentley Zagato?
Bentley Zagato is also known as a Bentley GTZ. Its basically a GT Speed with a custom body and spruced up interior. Pricing is rumored to be around $1M

Check this out if interested: http://www.signaturecarhire.co.uk/bl...-unique-drive/

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM
ek1
ek1 - Thanks for your feedback! I do appreciate your comments and insight. Rep points gladly given!

The ISR car is indeed special, but I hate to think of what the one off Zagato that the SF dealer has in stock would be worth...once I realized what it was, I knew it was indeed outside of my "budget"

http colon //www.britishmotorexotics.com/2008-Bentley-Continental-GT-Zagato-San-Francisco-CA/vd/3628051

BTW, I'm over six feet tall, and the 2+0 saves on bridge tolls here, as we can use the carpool lanes, it being a two seater, same as the Vantage
Don,

Thanks for posting that link - always wanted to see decent pictures of the GTZ. I can't say I like it though. It's a little overdone and the only thing I like is the tail lights. Rear wheels look too small for the car as well. The only thing it has going for it is that there's allegedly only a few cars in the world, but I'd still take a standard GT over it any time.

I am curious how having a 2-seater (vs. a 4-seater) saves you money on tools and lets you use carpool lanes? In NYC, they don't care how many seats you have, as long as you have at least two people in the car.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by ek1
Don,
I am curious how having a 2-seater (vs. a 4-seater) saves you money on tools and lets you use carpool lanes? In NYC, they don't care how many seats you have, as long as you have at least two people in the car.
Long story short, to use the carpool lanes on the highway in CA, you typically need to have 2 people in the car, regardless of seating capacity-same as in NY. However, to use the carpool lanes on the toll bridges (and pay 1/2 price tolls-they used to be free before the recent economic readjustment), you must have 3 people in the vehicle, unless the vehicle has only 2 seats; thus the savings with the 2+0 and the Vantage! Kind of a random, tongue-in-cheek justification to purchase such a vehicle Or and added benefit depending on who(m?) you have to convince in order to purchase same

Glad you found the Zagato pictures of interest.

Last edited by DonL; 04-18-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Don,

My father just picked up a '10 GT Speed, traded in his Flying Spur, he absolutely loves the 2 door and the fit and finish vs his '07.

I think that you'd like the drive, power, and fit and finish vs your Aston much better. 11k is a bit of miles on these cars as they tend to be really expensive to maintain. The price is reflective of the price (as a ref. manhattan motorcars has one for 20k more, http://inventory.manhattanmotorcars....-York/7115241/)

Keep in mind Bentley extended warranty is anywhere from 3500-5k per year, and I HIGHLY recommend getting it. With the '07 FS it was in a few times a year for repairs. Something that would cost 2k max on any other vehicle was always 25k or more on the Flying B. Reason is that everything is so tight in the engine compartment and therefore almost any job needed the engine out... thankful for that warranty for sure.

Best of luck in your decision, I think you'd really enjoy the Bentley over your Aston

Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
ek1
Long story short, to use the carpool lanes on the highway in CA, you typically need to have 2 people in the car, regardless of seating capacity-same as in NY. However, to use the carpool lanes on the toll bridges (and pay 1/2 price tolls-they used to be free before the recent economic readjustment), you must have 3 people in the vehicle, unless the vehicle has only 2 seats; thus the savings with the 2+0 and the Vantage! Kind of a random, tongue-in-cheek justification to purchase such a vehicle Or and added benefit depending on who(m?) you have to convince in order to purchase same

Glad you found the Zagato pictures of interest.
Oh man...that's not fair. We also have these carpool lanes that are going to toll bridges/tunnels and they require 3 or more people in the vehicle, regardless of what type of vehicle this is. Motorcycles are not allowed either How ridiculous is that?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 AM
dinorocz...
Thanks for your comments; much appreciated. Reps to you as well!
Astons also have their own "sub-set" of expensive repairs!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
dinorocz...
Thanks for your comments; much appreciated. Reps to you as well!
Astons also have their own "sub-set" of expensive repairs!
my pleasure, hope it helped some, and Im sure they are just as expensive haha!

would love to know what you end up doing.. so try to keep us 6speeders in the loop