Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Sold my CGT, Sad day. Found a Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
farmGT74 is infamous around these parts
Sold my CGT, Sad day. Found a Replacement

After over 2 years and 34 thousand miles I have parted ways with my CGT. It has been a great run and I am sad to let her go.

On a brighter note I have traded my CGT in on a '09 Heffner twin turbo R8 V8. It has a full custom interior, HRE wheels, R8 GT front and rear bumpers and lots of other mods. I think this will be a nice change for the summer time and I plan on trading this back in after a few months for a Flying Spur Speed after I get a few speeding tickets
Click image for larger version

Name:	nx r8.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	238144

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	238145

Name:	back to back.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	238146

what do you guys think?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
jc_333 is infamous around these parts
Nice package in the back, bet it flies!

Btw, cleaning the front grill is a mission!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Twin turbo nicely modded R8..... NICE!!!!!!!! So this for the summer and then back to a Bentley in the winter? Makes sense to me Congrats!

So you did 34k miles in two years in a Bentley!?! I work @ home yet did over 17k miles in 2.6 years. Just goes to show us these cars are true daily driver Grand Touring cars. Keep on driving!

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-02-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I really love the look of the R8 and it was the car that started my adventure into a exotic car ownership. I still have yet to actually drive one.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Wow...enjoy it in good health!

-Jorge

Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I sold my V10 R8 Spyder because I could never get comfortable in the seat. I'm big and found the rigid left side of the seat cushion digging into my outer thigh. Other than that, I loooooved my R8! Mine had the old school, gated shifter which was a blast and the engine roar on the V10 was intoxicating. I spent a lot of dough modifying mine so when I sold it after only a year, I took a bath.

Attached Images   
Old 05-03-2013, 08:53 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is a badas... car! Love the gated shifter too! Click clack, click clack

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-05-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
cdavis43 is infamous around these parts
Ya gated much better. They says the R-Tronic isnt very good they have finally updated it in the new model.

Cliff

Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
That's why they call it R-Chronic!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I sold my V10 R8 Spyder because I could never get comfortable in the seat. I'm big and found the rigid left side of the seat cushion digging into my outer thigh. Other than that, I loooooved my R8! Mine had the old school, gated shifter which was a blast and the engine roar on the V10 was intoxicating. I spent a lot of dough modifying mine so when I sold it after only a year, I took a bath.

Wow that looks amazing! Mine is also custom in the inside with suede seats and red stitching. Also has a custom steering wheel and beautiful HRE wheels. The previous owner spared no expense customizing this amazing car. The seat is definitely not as comfortable as my CGT but I'm a good 175 lbs but I can bare the loss in comfort for the amazing sound of the engine and beastly appearance

Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by farmGT74
Wow that looks amazing! Mine is also custom in the inside with suede seats and red stitching. Also has a custom steering wheel and beautiful HRE wheels. The previous owner spared no expense customizing this amazing car. The seat is definitely not as comfortable as my CGT but I'm a good 175 lbs but I can bare the loss in comfort for the amazing sound of the engine and beastly appearance
I haven't weighed 175 in 50+ years! If I did, I'm sure the seat would've fit me just fine. I was 275 a month ago and am now down to 260 and shooting to get to the low 200s by year's end.

Farm, please post some pics of your R8!

Jeff

Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I haven't weighed 175 in 50+ years! If I did, I'm sure the seat would've fit me just fine. I was 275 a month ago and am now down to 260 and shooting to get to the low 200s by year's end.

Farm, please post some pics of your R8!
Jeff
Here are some more pics
Name:  door inside.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  139.6 KB

Name:  .jpg
Views: 975
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  inside.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  roof.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  shift ****.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  111.4 KB

Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Name:  spoiler.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  steering.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  118.7 KB

Old 05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
cdavis43 is infamous around these parts
End of 09 I was 260+ now I'm bout 207 been that for over a year... Fit in a Gallardo fine

Cliff

Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cdavis43
End of 09 I was 260+ now I'm bout 207 been that for over a year... Fit in a Gallardo fine

Cliff
203lbs at 6'2" and I could not tolerate the fit of the Gallardo. I saw in person and sat in both the Ferrari 458 and Californnia this weekend and thought they were both glorious cars but when I drove off in the GTC I knew I had the best overall car for me at this time..

BTW I saw a man of 300-ish trade in a AM V8V for a Bentley SS. I could not bare to watch him climb out of the AM. I did not think he fit all that well in the SS and that the seats of the regular GT would have fit him better. In general the European super cars do not fit the big and tall group found in America.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my CGT, Sad day. Found a Replacement