Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Financing a Bentley? Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Ryan9095 is infamous around these parts
Financing a Bentley? Need Help!

Hi everyone,

I've been looking into an Aston Martin V8 Vantage but I've discovered that for around the same price I can get myself into a Bentley GTC (my all time favorite car). I've always leased new cars so hopefully you all can provide me with insight on car financing.

I'm specifically looking at a 2007 GTC w/ 24k miles. The car is in good condition, no accidents, 1 owner, nonsmoker, and is up to date on service. The asking is $97k... what do you think?

Regarding financing, what % should I be putting down (10-20%?), what interest rate should I expect for top tier credit, and how many terms do I want for the loan? Ultimately I'm trying to figure out how much the car will cost me per month.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan9095; 06-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan,

The price sounds right and as for financing, check out a credit union for the best deals is usually the way to go.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Ryan,

The price sounds right and as for financing, check out a credit union for the best deals is usually the way to go.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into credit unions.

Last edited by Ryan9095; 06-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Money is cheap right now. If your credit is top tier, you can expect 2-2.5% on a new car, maybe a little more for an '07. As for how much to put down, etc. thats a personal decision. However, most banks or credit unions will want you to put a decent down payment, I'd guess 20-25%, on a car that old. Only you can decide the terms and the payment you can handle as only you know your personal limitations and budget.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:19 AM
cdavis43 is infamous around these parts
I financed my 07 CGT with Penfed.org at 1.49%

Cliff

Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cdavis43

Cliff
WOW! that is a dream rate, what's you credit score 8'000'000'000??

Ryan that price looks good for that car and you will not be sad to have bought the GTC,especially compared to the V8V. Nice car that V8V but not close to the class and ride of the GTC. If you can find 15K cash down and have a good score the purchase should be a no brainer. If you have a score in the 800 range then I would push for better than %4. Used cars will not qualify like the new ones for rates but you are not taking a bath on the depreciation either.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:15 PM
cdavis43 is infamous around these parts
I dont have 800 and i always get tier 1. Even with Porsche lol.

Cliff

Last edited by cdavis43; 06-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
WOW! that is a dream rate, what's you credit score 8'000'000'000??

Ryan that price looks good for that car and you will not be sad to have bought the GTC,especially compared to the V8V. Nice car that V8V but not close to the class and ride of the GTC. If you can find 15K cash down and have a good score the purchase should be a no brainer. If you have a score in the 800 range then I would push for better than %4. Used cars will not qualify like the new ones for rates but you are not taking a bath on the depreciation either.
Dr. D,

Thanks for the advice! I will look into financing options with low interest and that $15k seems like a reasonable down payment.

I think the V8V is a beautiful car but I can't seem to shrug the fact that I am practically obsessed with the Bentley brand. At first, I wasn't keen on buying the previous generation GTC but as I continue to ponder and lust over the car I realize that it is everything I want and more. The difficulty is finding a car that suites me! (the one I initially was asking about has since sold)

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan9095; 06-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by cdavis43

Cliff
Thanks for the info Cliff! Incredible rate!

Ryan

Old 02-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Acmw is infamous around these parts
depends on the credit i got approved for my 06 for 0 down , financing 70k and 72 mo

Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, 72 months should add up to some nice interest for the bank. At what rate and what does the final **real cost** set you back?

Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Wow, 72 months should add up to some nice interest for the bank. At what rate and what does the final **real cost** set you back?
I did 72 months also but make accelerated payments.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:36 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Good luck finding the right car Ryan. When I bought mine I was in the market for a either a Ferrari California or an Aston (vantage or DB9). The CGTC was not even on the radar. I happen to rent one for a couple of days at the 2013 USGP to drive the Hill Country before the race. The plan was to rent a DB9 to test it out but it broke down and I was delivered the CGTC instead. I was somewhat disappointed.....for about 3 hard presses on the throttle and brakes. I was impressed! By the next day our plans included a stop by Bentley of Austin and drove a 2013 GTC and a 2012 DB9. On the drive home monday we stopped at Bentley of Houston of our way to Ferrari of H and, just by chance, the B dealer had a 2011 F California taken in on trade...another test drive. All cars are awesome but we liked the Bentley because it was a GT with plenty of storage space for long trips, plenty of performance for the street yet elegant for evenings. At 51 years ingress and egress can become a concern, particularly for women in a dress!. The GTC won hands down. Now that was said....we did get to Ferrari of Houston two weeks ago and drove the California again and decided once a year worth of depreciation has hit the 2015 model (due out this summer) we may get one also. I don't think you can go wrong with the Bentley.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:38 PM
I have not driven the DB9 but that is the one car i would consider going to if I need a tad more sporty. Since you played the age card I might end up going the other direction and buying a RR Wraith.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Oh...how pretentious...geez!

I did get a close look at one at the stealership recently but they don't float my boat. Something about the back end just did not do it for me. I don't know....just not my style..not bad...just a preference thing. However, I have seen back ends that did nothing for me at the moment but after staring at them for a while, or under the right conditions, became quite arousing. But I digress as we were discussing automobiles.