Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Changed plugs, noticed oil in intake manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:32 AM
REDNOSEGT is infamous around these parts
Changed plugs, noticed oil in intake manifold

Just pulled the manifold off and noticed fresh oil inside the intake manifold
Any idea where this could be comming from?

I noticed one of these PVC type valves had some oil in it too

The plugs were clean, car ain't burn any oil

Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
that is normal on the Bentley bigger engines,the Arnage has a lot of oil in plenums being a V8.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
that is normal on the Bentley bigger engines,the Arnage has a lot of oil in plenums being a V8.

where do those pipes that i circled go to? have you ever replaced one? one side seem to have oil in it, the other side was clean.

and are you sure its normal? i had lots of oil on the intake manifold gasket and in the intake, full of like fresh oil, the plugs were dry and the car is not burning oil.

should i be cleaning anything out? i cleaned out the manifold and throttle bodies. but the oil scared me.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 AM
and is there any pcv valves anywhere that i should change?

thanks mate for your help!

Old 06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
those pipes make up part of the vacuum system/purge system,a lot of larger engines utilise the oil to keep things cooler,its not burning oil ,factory have always told us it is normal. I would clean it for sure.

Last edited by bentleytech; 06-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Whatever you do, *FIRST* take precautions and cover the lower plenum. If anything drops inside those runners it could easily become very expensive. Save yourself the heartache...

Old 06-08-2013, 08:36 PM
cars running great, all put back together, but where does this oil come from? wonder if i can put a catch can in to stop oil from entering the manifold.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
BentleyF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT

which plugs did you use? both of those hoses have a hairline crack on my car and I get a purge valve code. anyone ever replace these hoses?

Old 08-17-2013, 01:28 AM
those hose are part of the purge lines that have an issue on the right side where they split where plastic meets metal,if you do a smoke test it will give you exact location,depending on year of car you can do it without taking engine out. is your vacuum pump running a lot too.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Yup what Peter said do a smoke test
I don't even have a vac leak that I know of and I'm doin a smoke test this week just to make sure all is good

Old 08-17-2013, 08:13 AM
BentleyF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bentleytech
those hose are part of the purge lines that have an issue on the right side where they split where plastic meets metal,if you do a smoke test it will give you exact location,depending on year of car you can do it without taking engine out. is your vacuum pump running a lot too.
my pump used to run everytime I hit the brakes.. it may have stopped working I haven't heard it in a while. how difficult is it to replace these hoses? my car is a 06 spur

Last edited by BentleyF; 08-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 AM
i seen the diagram of those hoses. they look like a spider web of hoses.

might be easier to splice with a brass barb fitting and attach a new hose where it is broken if its too difficult to change the entire hose, like a splice, I have never taken the car on the hoist and checked that area to see the degree of difficultly to change those vac lines.

your best bet is a smoke test to verify where your vac leaks are coming from. i swear this should be part of every 3 or 4 or 5 year service.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:23 PM
jking702 is infamous around these parts
Looking for these same Pcv valves to replace.

Im also having the same issue and need to replace the pcv valves. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find them being sold anywhere. Does anyone know the part number of these two hoses or where I can find them to purchase ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT

Old 03-22-2022, 01:45 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jking702
Im also having the same issue and need to replace the pcv valves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Greetings,

The two circle valves are not PCV related. They are one way check valves. They allow vacuum from the intake manifold to pass. The valves prevent boost during turbo spool up from passing to the various lines. Again some oil is normal blow by.

The PCV inlet for the W12 is located on the right and left side of the engine. The system connects near the front of the intake manifold under the intercooler rubber hoses.