Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Got my wife an 05' Gt need some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Abrumley is infamous around these parts
Got my wife an 05' Gt need some advice

So I had a gt just like this one previously and found a good deal on another one for my wife. Having a few issues and need some direction.

Problem #1

Head liner sagging in both driver and pass side. My local interior shop wants little to do with it. I'm awaiting a quote for a new one from my closest dealer in Dallas. Has anyone dealt with this? Are there any suggestions for repair?

Problem #2

I have a tire pressure monitoring fault message. I took it to the shop that did the aftermarket wheels on my last one and they verified the tpms sensors in the wheels are funtcioning. But I still get the fault message. The snap on tool they have to read and work on these doesn't even have bentley as an option to choose for make of vehicle being worked on. We tried using the vw phaeton and it allowed us access the to the car but as soon as we selected tpms system it just kicks us out. Any ideas?

Problem #3&4

Car intermittently says over heating see handbook however gauge reads normal op temp and my scanner confirms temps in the 197-203 range what the hell.

Car also occasionally also says service now although it had full service at 30k from dealer. Vehicle currently has 34,000 on the clock.

I remember having my last one go haywire when the main battery was failing and it used what I think is a secondary coach battery "don't know i correct in that or not" but I replaced the main battery and all issues went away.

Anyway whatever help you can guys can provide me is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	288632  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:51 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
the headliner sagging is a common problem on the early cars,have a new one fitted or get it repaired ,TPMS is probably the ecu,if somebody just replaced the sensors it will not work correctly,can you see how much battery life is left in sensors (use vagcom,if you have one).the overheating message...are there any codes stored in memory,is left hand battery good and the service now lite has probably not been reset correctly,you can reset it through using the steering wheel but the correct way is by using a diagnostic tester plugged in and resetting that way.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Shop should get a vag tool, its a very cheap investment to scan all these cars. You can probably recode the tpms sensors with it and just shut them off, you can do it with the vag tool on the audi so i don't see why you couldn't on this.

Find another shop for the sagging headliner, the dealer will probably bend you over. My best advice is to find an independent shop that works on these because these cars can be very pricey to repair when broken.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 AM
What exactly is a vag tool? What's the Bert place to gt one from? I was going to buy a new tpms ecu and try to flash the sensors to it but I may got your route first

Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Best place sorry

Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
chinaleeexports is infamous around these partschinaleeexports is infamous around these parts
If the leather headliner is in good, soft condition, it needs to be completely removed and re glued. It cost me $600.00 to have it re glued since my headliner was in good shape.

I had my tire pressure module go out which caused the tire light to go on even though my TPS sensors were new. The module cost my 263.50 plus 500.00 in labor plus tax for a total of $807.25 at my local B dealer. Once installed, they had to clear the fault codes in the computer to get rid of the warning light.

Hope that gives you a ball park figure on the repairs,

SL

Last edited by chinaleeexports; 10-11-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added info
Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Abrumley
What exactly is a vag tool? What's the Bert place to gt one from? I was going to buy a new tpms ecu and try to flash the sensors to it but I may got your route first
www.ross-tech.com and all you will need is a laptop. This tool will give you a lot of factory diagnostic functionality as long as your car is based on the VW platform which it should be.