Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

05 GT Headliner fixed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:47 AM
pwc6t3 is infamous around these parts
05 GT Headliner fixed

Unfortunately with the change in weather and running with the windows down the air pressure pulled my headliner down on the passengers side. I took it to a local upholstery shop that has been in business 30 years and within 24 hours they had it removed, fixed and re-installed. Total cost including tax was $450 and it looks showroom perfect. Based on the prices I have heard from other people it is hard to beat. So if you live within 500 miles of Myrtle Beach South Carolina, head this way, enjoy a few days at the beach and get your headliner fixed, head home and still be at less than other shops are charging!

Many thanks to user PMS (Peter) for his help obtaining the directions on headliner removal.

Paul

Old 10-10-2014, 10:01 PM
lefizzet is infamous around these parts
The rear driver side was starting to shake/almost tear off when all the windows were down during highway speeds. Dealer quoted an outrageous price and said it had to be shipped to England since they can't do any upholstery service in the states. Any truth to this?

Old 10-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Highly unlikely that it is true. It is just a headliner, any good custom upholstery shop should be able to fix it for you. Like I mentioned in the original post, the local shop here removed the entire headliner and center section connecting the two roof consoles, removed all the old foam the leather was glued to, put on new foam, re-glued it all and reinstalled all for $450 in less than 24 hours. Another user in here (PMS) sent me the shop manual diagrams for removing it. If you would like it I can send you the pdf.
Overall, it isn't an easy job, but it isn't magic either. No need to send anything back to the UK!

Old 10-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Anush is infamous around these parts
Hi any chance of sending me the headliner removal instructions please. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Anush
Hi any chance of sending me the headliner removal instructions please. Thanks.
Message me your email address Anush and I will email you the pdf file.
Paul
(the file is slightly larger than what the forum allows me to attach.)

Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Gambit is infamous around these parts
have same issue. Headliner on passenger side hanging down like my grandma's you know what.
did not expect that form this car.
will hunt for an upholstery place around LA area, that can do the work.
if anyone knows reasonably priced place, please advise.
thanx in advance

Old 11-08-2014, 12:04 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
Unfortunately with the change in weather and running with the windows down the air pressure pulled my headliner down on the passengers side. I took it to a local upholstery shop that has been in business 30 years and within 24 hours they had it removed, fixed and re-installed. Total cost including tax was $450 and it looks showroom perfect. Based on the prices I have heard from other people it is hard to beat. So if you live within 500 miles of Myrtle Beach South Carolina, head this way, enjoy a few days at the beach and get your headliner fixed, head home and still be at less than other shops are charging!

Many thanks to user PMS (Peter) for his help obtaining the directions on headliner removal.

Paul
Thanks for the tips Paul.

My headliner also begin to sag after some highway window-down driving. I've pmed you about the removal instruction.

Hopefully I can get this fixed before the winter.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Lilo1980.
If my memory is correct, you and I are in the same geographic location. (GTA)
If you PM me, I can provide a qualified local supplier for the headliner repair.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:56 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PMS
Lilo1980.
If my memory is correct, you and I are in the same geographic location. (GTA)
If you PM me, I can provide a qualified local supplier for the headliner repair.
Thanks Peter. Pm'ed

Old 01-09-2021, 07:56 AM
Doshhirao is infamous around these parts
Can you please share the contact info of the upholstery shop in Myr. I live here as well and my leather headliner is starting to sag. Thanks

Old 01-09-2021, 07:59 AM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
And if anyone still has the pdf on the instructions? I'd like to put that away for when the time comes....

Old 01-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Custom Care 205 Broadway St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
What year is your car? I have seen a few others around town. I have had an 04, 05 and now have a 15.
Paul

Old 01-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Headliner

Here is what I have for the headliner. I printed a copy and left it in the car when I had the headliner redone. Not sure if they used the instructions or not but they did a great job.
Paul

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bentley headliner overview.pdf (1.11 MB, 147 views)
Old 01-09-2021, 11:49 AM
Doshhirao is infamous around these parts
Thanks so much Paul, I just got a 07, I have been always. A Maserati guy and went and jumped into the deep end with the Bentley. I should have done done this years ago as I love this car and now contemplating selling the Quattroporte. Thanks again hope we can get together. I’m in the grande dunes

Old 01-09-2021, 12:22 PM
I live across the bridge in the Grande Dunes. I have the VAG Bentley software to check the GT's computer if you ever run into problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 GT Headliner fixed