Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Suspension issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Gtsbreath is infamous around these parts
Suspension issue

Took my 2007 Continental GT to the dealer for an oil change. The next morning the car was sitting on the front two tires and there was no power seat memory, etc. I started the car and the suspension raised the front to the normal ride position. I moved the front seat to the extreme positions to allow it to reset itself. I also put on the factory trickle charger. The next day the car was sitting on the two front tires again. This has never happened before. The car had recently been sitting for 6 months and the suspension was still normal. What could have happened during service that could have caused this. Is there a reset I should be looking to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 AM
ULSTRUP is infamous around these parts
it would be very surprising that both shock absorbers broke at the exact same time, It may happens but.....

must be the pressure pump.or one of the lines is leaking...back to the dealer I'm afraid

Old 12-13-2015, 09:57 AM
BernardT is infamous around these parts
If I had to guess, I would say the air bags in the shocks are dryrotted and when raised on the hoist, the bags extended beyond their normal range of motion and small cracks developed. And you may only have one bad air bag (shock), but sometimes the cars will drop the other side to try and keep the car level.

Not really the dealers fault, it would have happened anywhere. Just part of getting old.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Arachnophobia is infamous around these partsArachnophobia is infamous around these parts
Could this happen if you lift the car without putting it in "jack mode"? I would agree that it does sound funny that both went at the same time. Every once in a while my drivers side front kind of hangs down but it is never both sides and when I start driving the car more often it goes away which is probably unusual as well.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:26 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Not sure what caused your problem but I got my 04 suspensions done yesterday. Right side was hanging low. Perhaps get the dealer to check for any leaks.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:12 AM
jim2331 is infamous around these parts
GTS...do you still have the 2007...how has it been service wise since suspension issue...how did you resolve it...JimB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.