Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Soft Door shut problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 PM
tonygt63 is infamous around these parts
Bentley Soft Door shut problem

hi guys Tony here, when i purchased my bentley (2007 GT CONT) i noticed that only the passenger door closes itself if it's not completely shut, i called a local shop and they said it's a vacuum line that makes it work (not sure if it's true) is this something i can fix myself ?? has anyone had the same problem ??? thanks in Advance.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Tony,

It is the soft close option, it gets used every time you shut the door, this way you are not slamming it, it is not vacuum at all, it is an electric motor, cable system, and soft close latch, here are some pictures from my build where I added soft close to my vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	soft close motor.png
Views:	849
Size:	4.52 MB
ID:	457772   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160422_120354_resized.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	457773  
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 PM
tonygt63 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello Tony,

It is the soft close option, it gets used every time you shut the door, this way you are not slamming it, it is not vacuum at all, it is an electric motor, cable system, and soft close latch, here are some pictures from my build where I added soft close to my vehicle.

thank you very much, do you happen to know the part # ?? i 'd like to buy it and maybe install it myself, doesn't seem too hard.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I am thinking it is your drivers door, as you stated the passenger closes properly, I will check for the part #'s, but first you need to know what part you need, if the cable snapped you must buy the complete latch as cable is not available separately, or if it is the motor, but I doubt that, next would be to check the micro switch on the door latch and repair it, as again not available separately.

Also if you close the door slowly just one click, can you her the soft close motor running ?

Here is a link to the same kind of soft close latch on a A8L showing what fails are for as micro switches.

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s...aired-2811599/

Old 08-31-2016, 01:58 AM
joc44 is infamous around these partsjoc44 is infamous around these parts
Try,
Door latch LHD USA LH 3D1837015G
And
Door latch LHD USA RH 3D1837016G

Old 11-29-2020, 07:48 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello Tony,

Hello Johnny,

How do I know if my '07 Bentley is equipped with the soft close feature? If it was then it is not working at the moment, hence the question..

Old 11-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by xclens
Hello Johnny,

How do I know if my '07 Bentley is equipped with the soft close feature? If it was then it is not working at the moment, hence the question..
​​​​​​Hello @xclens ,
I was kind of under the impression that soft close doors became standard in 2006, I could be wrong...

I take it that both doors are failing to soft close, correct ?

You could try inputting you VIN into this VIN decoder I used from AW, it properly showed the options for the Supersports parts vehicle, "pwr latch doors" .

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vindecoder.php

Johnny