Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Electronic Stability Program Light and Check Engine Light On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 04:54 PM
wsuhottboi is infamous around these parts
Electronic Stability Program Light and Check Engine Light On

Hi

I have a 2005 Bentley GT with 86k Miles. Current problems: TPMS Sensors need to be replaced, parking brake doesn't work so I have a P symbol with a line thru it constantly. New Problems: Electronic Stability Program light and check engine light is on and idle is not normal.

Course of events:

Monday: Was Driving back from LA to the Bay Area and the low oil light came on and the closed place to get oil was 40 miles away and it made the drive but when I got close just the ESP light came on and it started idling weird like it was going to shut off but made it to the store. I ended up filling it up with 2.5 quarts of oil. The low oil light went away obviously but the ESP light was still there and check engine light was on but it was running and idling normal.

Tuesday: I take it to the shop to get the codes checked and the code came back to a sensor on the engine that tells how much air is in the engine? (I forgot what he said exactly but he said thats what the code is for and that sensor does cause the car to idle weird. So he resets it and I go home and the car is driving normal no lights but the transmission is switching gears at high rpms but I assumed it was because it was resetting itself. I make it home

Wednesday: I wake up and go straight to my car to turn it on and notice that both lights are on again (the ESP and check engine light) but the car is idling normal and I drove it around the block everything was normal except the two lights.

Thursday: I once again tested the car out again lights were still on and it is running perfect but the idle at stop is rough.

So my question is what might be wrong and has anyone had this problem before

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.