Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

bentley flying spur p0243

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:19 AM
saads is infamous around these parts
bentley flying spur p0243

hi guys

need a little help with my daily. new to the forum so a big HELLO to everybody and forgive me if this has already been posted.
my Bentley continental flying spur w12 2005 has developed an error code p0243 - waste gate solenoid ?
is this the sensor at the front of the engine ? as i have already changed this around 3 months ago after accidentally breaking it whilst taking the intake manifold off.
or does this error relate to the sensors at the back of the engine? or even a vacuum leak which i have a hunch it will be.
do i need to take the engine out the get to the sensors at the back?
any help is appropriated.

thanks in advance

Old 05-03-2020, 01:29 PM
Roman1971 is infamous around these parts
Hi Saads,

I have same model and issue. Pressure control valves were replaced, however no improvement. I can reset the error when car has been off for some time. After around 25 minutes of engine on, the error resurfaces. How did you resolve? I am a little bit worried to take engine out given complexity and risk of damaging further.

Thanks for considering to answer. Best

Old 05-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Roman1971
Hi Saads,

I have same model and issue. Pressure control valves were replaced, however no improvement. I can reset the error when car has been off for some time. After around 25 minutes of engine on, the error resurfaces. How did you resolve? I am a little bit worried to take engine out given complexity and risk of damaging further.

Thanks for considering to answer. Best
​​​​​​Hello @Roman1971 ,
Saads only has 1 post and it is from 2017, he never came back with any update....

Check this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ley-p0243.html

Johnny

Old 03-19-2022, 04:54 AM
gegesc is infamous around these parts
Same issue

Hello
Wondering if you have any updates on this? It seems I have exactly the same symptoms on my 2005 continental GT. All the vacuum lines that can be checked for leaks without removing the engine semm to be perfectly fine.

I did however find out that the left hand side exhaust valve doesn't work - seems to be the electric solenoid (??) Right at the back of the car, vacuum is fine At the back. Haven't repaired it yet, since I only found out yesterday.
Could this even possibly be the reason for the p0243?

Cheers