Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2004 GT spoiler motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2019 | 06:07 AM
|
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
2004 GT spoiler motor

Hi guys can anyone tell me if there is a setup process for the rear spoiler motor like the windows after a low battery etc.on inspection it is quite basic but as the bushes had burned out I replaced the motor now the spoiler moves through a three stage process from low to high then returns to the parked position and then the spoiler light comes up on the dash which I presume is a fault light?? I don't think it raises at speed either hard to tell when your trying to pay attention to going forward.

Old 05-29-2019 | 09:00 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t think there is a set up process with the rear spoiler.
I had issues with mine and removed it , unplugged it etc .
It turned out a broken wire in the LHS boot corner , inside the flexible conduit .

Mine (2004 U.K. spec ) goes up @ approx 62 mph .

If yours is doing one cycle and throwing the light ,then check out the wiring as said .

while researching I found the VW battle GT part is identical for £50 of eBay - but never needed it as it was an open circuit in the end cheap fix .

Old 05-29-2019 | 01:14 PM
|
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Thanks John I've actually changed my motor for a BMW sunroof motor and it seems to work fine but I'm just stumped as to why it won't stay up.if you press your button to raise does it stay up? Or cycle through the three stages and return to closed ?

Old 05-29-2019 | 01:48 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
It’s currently fully functional with no dash light .
So if I press the up button it goes up and stays up if it’s down, below 62 or what ever the speed trigger setting .

Sometimes while cleaning I will turn on the ignition and put it up to clean the muck thats acclimated under it .

I think yours is an open contact somewhere as mine would do that ( cycle through ) intermittently and randomly, with the dash light on mostly .

The guys at Prestige Service Leeds look after it when I,am in the U.K. and I think they used the Bentley diagnostic lap top to find the broken wire .A common (, another one ) problem .