Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upper control arm bushes BGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 07:08 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Upper control arm bushes BGT

Hi guys hit me with your knowledge!!
Just passed MOT but upper control arm bushes were flagged as an advisory so figured I'd get them changed.is it cheaper to change just the bushings or the whole arm and also are there VW or Audi parts I can use at a fraction of the price thanks

Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi guys hit me with your knowledge!!
Just passed MOT but upper control arm bushes were flagged as an advisory so figured I'd get them changed.is it cheaper to change just the bushings or the whole arm and also are there VW or Audi parts I can use at a fraction of the price thanks
The bushings and the complete control arms are cross referenceble to Volkswagen and Audi. In fact the part number is on the control arm. An internet search with the part number using Audi or Volkswagen well result in a suitable piece. The bushing is cheaper.

I changed bushings, didn't take the control arms off the car.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
The bushings and the complete control arms are cross referenceble to Volkswagen and Audi. In fact the part number is on the control arm. An internet search with the part number using Audi or Volkswagen well result in a suitable piece. The bushing is cheaper.

I changed bushings, didn't take the control arms off the car.
Thanks mate don't suppose you have the number to hand in away from car ATM thanks for advice

Old 08-22-2019, 01:52 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
I did this project a while ago. Only had to replace 4 bushings. So I don't have the part numbers anymore. Not very difficult to cross-reference online. The part number is on the control arm to start with. Using the part number with Volkswagen or Audi will help you find control arm.

The bushings you just have to make sure they're the right outer diameter if you decide to go that route.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Back on the Forum somebody posted all the control arms for the front, I remember this distinctly. They purchased all the control arms from RockAuto RockAuto is an online automotive parts distributor here in the US. About a year ago.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Back on the Forum somebody posted all the control arms for the front, I remember this distinctly. They purchased all the control arms from RockAuto RockAuto is an online automotive parts distributor here in the US. About a year ago.
Thanks I'll check it out as I have an account with them for when I buy my Mustang parts I'll take a look thanks

Old 08-25-2019, 01:44 AM
joc44 is infamous around these partsjoc44 is infamous around these parts
@Yoghurtshotgun This may help

I had four changed last year when my engine was out.

The bush part number is 3W0407515

Last edited by joc44; 08-25-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by joc44
@Yoghurtshotgun This may help

I had four changed last year when my engine was out.

The bush part number is 3W0407515
Thankyou mate I'll look into it