Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Rear Led Tail Lamp rebuild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2019 | 06:42 AM
|
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
Rear Led Tail Lamp rebuild

Hello everybody
my LED Tail lamp went out and it chip on the check light warning message... but it intermittent ...
I saw the Led Blink Blink...
Any one here disassembly it yet then repair? the new one is crazy expensive..

Old 08-31-2019 | 06:52 AM
Rico.Adams is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang
Hello everybody
my LED Tail lamp went out and it chip on the check light warning message... but it intermittent ...
I saw the Led Blink Blink...
Any one here disassembly it yet then repair? the new one is crazy expensive..
Hello ... I you referring to the top centre brake light ...

Old 08-31-2019 | 06:56 AM
|
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
No I mean the Tail light which has the turn signal light and brake light

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:01 AM
No I mean the Tail light which has the turn signal light and brake light
Ahh ok, have you checked the connector & any water got into it, the seals are not great on these espesally if someone has had the light off before, is the whole light blinking or just a few led's if its the whole light is sounds like you have a connection problem which could be the connector to the light ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 08-31-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2019 | 07:14 AM
|
I swap the light from Right to Left then the problem solve..
it just the Light issue.. I just wonder if any one already open it yet for fixing it?
I Put the Light on Table then jump power to it ... some Led Bulb inside the light is broken...

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:20 AM
I swap the light from Right to Left then the problem solve..
it just the Light issue.. I just wonder if any one already open it yet for fixing it?
I Put the Light on Table then jump power to it ... some Led Bulb inside the light is broken...
Ok, Ive never done one before not the tail light, I do know a company in Tiawan who will fix this for you if you need to, let me know I can send you the info, they won't to it direct for you as they not a repair shop but I can just say its for me ... They a manufacturing company I use them to develop certain things for me ...

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:35 AM
|
@Rico.Adams yeah.. thank you a lot..
I will try to open it first then let anyone know and maybe make a repair guide here..
I don't think replace LED Bulb will be that hard... just how to disassembly it...

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:42 AM
I will try to open it first then let anyone know and maybe make a repair guide here..
I don't think replace LED Bulb will be that hard... just how to disassembly it...
Your welcome ... no repairing the Led's isn't difficult but as you say dismantalling the unit that's a different thing unfortunately I haven't taken one off so I have no idea, maybe I will take one of mine off just to have a look ... I'll be back as the terminator says ... Lol ...

Old 08-31-2019 | 08:37 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
If I can recall on an old thread about taking the front lights apart, they had to place them in a oven so the glue would separate. Sealing them back was a task within it’s self also.

Old 08-31-2019 | 11:47 AM
Ok I took mine off its easy, its not a sealed unit like an headlight, the components are all visable and can be dismantled, all one need to do now is to find the right type of Led's be handy with a soldering gun & away you go, TJ is right about the headlights thats not so simple as the glass is bonded to the housing ...

Old 08-31-2019 | 12:17 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Ok I took mine off its easy, its not a sealed unit like an headlight, the components are all visable and can be dismantled, all one need to do now is to find the right type of Led's be handy with a soldering gun & away you go, TJ is right about the headlights thats not so simple as the glass is bonded to the housing ...
Thanks for the correction.. good to know the tail lights are not as bad as the headlights.

Old 08-31-2019 | 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Thanks for the correction.. good to know the tail lights are not as bad as the headlights.
Its good to know how things are taken apart we all have our ways ... Lol ...

Old 09-01-2019 | 01:27 AM
|
@Rico.Adams so how we take the board off the Tail Lamp Housing? that is my question.. it seem glue together..

Old 09-01-2019 | 12:33 PM
@Rico.Adams so how we take the board off the Tail Lamp Housing? that is my question.. it seem glue together..
Yes correct it is bonded together, only the led's control system is detachable via screws. Ok I think Mr TJ mentioned it, it needs to be separated by heat, I need to do some research on this before you melt the lamp ... I'll be back soon with an update ...

Old 09-01-2019 | 01:11 PM
BWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant futureBWings has a brilliant future
Most modern lights are glued. We did headlight fixes on Corvettes all the time. The process is bake in the oven at lowest heat about 20 minutes. This softens the glue. Use gloves and work the lenses off with screwdrivers or plastic interior tools. The hard part is cleaning up the glue residue out of the glue track in the light housing. The lens releases usually pretty clean. But we were replacing the lenses because they wouldn't clean up anymore...too foggy.

Then, because I live in the land of fire, I tried these lenses below outside in the sun (107*F) for four hours and the lenses released just as easily as baking in the oven. They glue back in with rubberized construction glue.

This is the set I released with 4 hours of ambient hot air

Then lenses off and glue tracks cleaned up.

One Corvette guy made a business out of this, so if you want pretty sure instructions to remove light lenses from the housings, you can follow his DIY here:

https://www.c6c7vette.com/diy-instructions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Led Tail Lamp rebuild